Sony Vegas CPU only 65%

Hello! :D

When I render videos in Sony Vegas 13, my render speed is pretty slow. for a 34 min video, it usually takes up to 50 mins or more to render!

I was planning on getting a new GPU or CPU, but I now realize my CPU nor RAM is not getting fully utilized.

When rendering my CPU goes up to 65% tops! Usually not even that. SV13 also only uses 500 000 kb RAM when I have 16 gb available. No other programs on my PC are taking up any huge amounts of RAM or CPU power so I don't see the issue.

My specs:

Intel Core i7 3770 (non k) @3.9 turbo

Gainward GeForce GTX 670

16GB Corsair 1600mhz RAM

When you use GPU Acceleration your overall render speed gets a bit faster but the Cpu doesnt run at max

Congratulations - Looks like you have a powers CPU

Edit:

What would you even upgrade it to? The 4770 and beyond are that not that much better than what you currently have, you'll be fine for a few more years man.

Edit2:

In fact don't come back till it's using 100% :P

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Congratulations - Looks like you have a powers CPU

Edit:

What would you even upgrade it to? The 4770 and beyond are that not that much better than what you currently have, you'll be fine for a few more years man.

Thought about upgrading to a overclockable CPU such as the 4790k and try to OC it to around 4.8 - 5 GHz incase that would make a difference?

Thought about upgrading to a overclockable CPU such as the 4790k and try to OC it to around 4.8 - 5 GHz incase that would make a difference?

I don't think you'll achieve 5GHz - But really you'll be fine, I'd say wait till next years line of CPUs and see how much better they are. There's guys here who still don't wanna part with their 2500k's because current stuff is not performing high enough to warrant an upgrade. Ultimately it's your choice, I know the feeling of wanting new hardware.

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Video editing is very dependent on RAM-timings so you may be bottlenecked in that area. Vegas is also just inefficiently written (I've been using it for years and man, it's garbage sometimes)

you probably got gpu acceleration enabled thats why

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18