Xbox One - Call Of Duty GHOSTS

Anton

Ok, so i am exited about both the ps4 and xbox one, mainly because the pc will see better game ports, and i also enjoy the odd game on the consoles forza fifa etc. But after seeing the video comparison today of cod mw3 vs cod ghosts well i am not so sure the graphics ability of the xbox one will be what i was expecting, sure its better than the current gen by a good bit, but compared to pc graphics... they showed a jungle in cod mw3 then a jungle in cod ghosts, the jungle in ghosts looked like something out of crysis, the first game! lol so i duno.. just wanted to see what you guys thought of it all, i am by no means ranting just making an observation so please don't flame me :) also i will be picking up a ps4 and a xbox one just because they both have exclusives i enjoy playing, pc will always be my main gaming machine thought.

Here is a link to the visual comparison: http://uk.gamespot.com/call-of-duty-ghosts/videos/call-of-duty-ghosts-next-generation-comparison-6408670/

Cheers, Anton.

Nice find there mate. Some of the console stuff looks alright and yeah I guess it would be a great improvement to the future of PC ports!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I think it is funny how they want to show of graphics that has been around for the PC for years and now glorify it for the new next Gen Consoles (Shacking my head)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Cheers and yea ericlee30 i was left feeling a bit like that my self, looking back even when the 360 and ps3 came out it was the same thing, i mean ok the consoles where on par with the best GPU's back then but the price was to. I guess we will just have to wait and see, so far, trailer wise the ps4 looks like its has the graphical edge, but no doubt the xbox will have the user experience that i have always loved... and paid for! i hope they dump the whole xbox live gold thing...

They said that the MW3 graphics were revolutionary at the time... Laugh :P! The graphics engine that was employed in MW3 was like Gears of Wars utilization of Epic's Unreal Engine, horrible. Now, I love the Unreal Engine, but Gears of War's implementation of it. Anyway, when watching the video, I thought that the face of Captain Price looked much better in that of Ghosts than that of MW3, and looked like half way to what the faces in BF3 look like. Also, the jungle looked much better than that of the jungle in MW3 (all those jaggy's gave me a headache!!!). All in all, I agree with you Anton about PC having these graphics for years, but I must say that this is a big step for CoD, and as much as I don't like them, I will give tip my hat off to them. And, don't you worry, Call of Duty isn't even close to utilizing the graphics horse power that the Jaguar APU employs! Wait until we see Battlefield 4, Metro: Last Light, and Watch Dogs ported to the Xbox One and the PS4!

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Cheers and yea ericlee30 i was left feeling a bit like that my self, looking back even when the 360 and ps3 came out it was the same thing, i mean ok the consoles where on par with the best GPU's back then but the price was to. I guess we will just have to wait and see, so far, trailer wise the ps4 looks like its has the graphical edge, but no doubt the xbox will have the user experience that i have always loved... and paid for! i hope they dump the whole xbox live gold thing...

The PS4 will have graphics equivilent to that of a 7870 desktop graphics card, while the Xbox One will have graphics equivilent to that of a 7790 desktop graphics card. At least those are the rumors! However, if I were to choose between the two, I would have to go with the Xbox One, because of the Direct X 11.1 assimilation. Even though the PS4 is rumored to do the same thing, who do you think would do a better job; the company who invented it, or the company that is porting it to their console?

Source:

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156273-xbox-720-vs-ps4-vs-pc-how-the-hardware-specs-compare

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

The PS4 will have graphics equivilent to that of a 7870 desktop graphics card, while the Xbox One will have graphics equivilent to that of a 7790 desktop graphics card. At least those are the rumors! However, if I were to choose between the two, I would have to go with the Xbox One, because of the Direct X 11.1 assimilation. Even though the PS4 is rumored to do the same thing, who do you think would do a better job; the company who invented it, or the company that is porting it to their console?

Source:

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/156273-xbox-720-vs-ps4-vs-pc-how-the-hardware-specs-compare

True that nice find had no idea about the direct x thing.

No zombies this season. :D Infinity ward ...

Still waiting for more cooperative cod than this "First person shooter TDM, CTF,..." crap

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't care less about the consoles really. I'm just excited in regards to the kick up the back side this will give to PC graphics. Hoping to see a big step up in PC graphics with the launch of these consoles.