Air or Liquid Cool?

Hello everyone :D. This is my first post here although I have lurked over this site before reading over other's past experiences and advice. Even through my hours of Google searching and watching Linus and his YouTube videos. I am finally forced to write my first post because I just don't know the answer to this specialized question!

So I'm currently in the planning stages of building my first PC and the case that I have chosen is the BitFenix Phenom M. The dilemma that I have is that since the case is pretty small and airflow is pretty scarce, I'm not sure whether to go AIO liquid cooling or a nice air cooler. Since the case is so small and airflow is not optimal, I've been told to go watercooling but at the same time I value the silence and simplicity of an air cooler. So I've come down to four options.

*I plan on overclocking an Intel i7 4790k*

1. Noctua U12S (single tower) ~ $63

2. Noctua DH-14 (dual tower) ~ $60

3. Corsair H80i (120mm thick rad) ~ $87

4. NZXT Kraken X41 (140mm thick rad) ~ $98

All fans will be upgraded to Noctua PWM with their corresponding size. The setup I am planning on is two 120mm fans on the top configured to intake and 1 exhaust via the back. Hard drives will be taking up the bottom fan space and the PSU takes up the front space. 

There will be 1 fairly large GPU (probably a GTX 870 when it is release) blocking a lot of the intake air for the CPU. Since the space is so cramped would the DH-14 actually perform worse than U12S since there is more physical mass inside the case? And to take that further would liquid cooling be more efficient than either? Also will push/pull be beneficial in a small build like this?

Here are some builds that mine will look similar to.

post-108170-0-65735300-1405995136.png

post-108170-0-80819500-1405995144.png

post-108170-0-81147400-1405995151.png

PHTC14PE, D14, or D15 imo.

120/140mm AIO is useful when there is no space, there is space in this build.

Error: 410

Hello everyone :D. This is my first post here although I have lurked over this site before reading over other's past experiences and advice. Even through my hours of Google searching and watching Linus and his YouTube videos. I am finally forced to write my first post because I just don't know the answer to this specialized question!

So I'm currently in the planning stages of building my first PC and the case that I have chosen is the BitFenix Phenom M. The dilemma that I have is that since the case is pretty small and airflow is pretty scarce, I'm not sure whether to go AIO liquid cooling or a nice air cooler. Since the case is so small and airflow is not optimal, I've been told to go watercooling but at the same time I value the silence and simplicity of an air cooler. So I've come down to four options.

*I plan on overclocking an Intel i7 4790k*

1. Noctua U12S (single tower) ~ $63

2. Noctua DH-14 (dual tower) ~ $60

3. Corsair H80i (120mm thick rad) ~ $87

4. NZXT Kraken X41 (140mm thick rad) ~ $98

All fans will be upgraded to Noctua PWM with their corresponding size. The setup I am planning on is two 120mm fans on the top configured to intake and 1 exhaust via the back. Hard drives will be taking up the bottom fan space and the PSU takes up the front space.

Since space is so cramped would the DH-14 actually perform worse than U12S since there is more physical mass inside the case? And to take that further would liquid cooling be more efficient than either? Also will push/pull be beneficial in a small build like this?

Here are some builds that mine will look similar to.

Out of those NH-D14. It has fans on it that help the airflow along, so no it won't give worse temps. The U12S can't keep up with a mid-high to high OC

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Awesome! Actually really glad to hear that since I'll have a black/brown/tan matching build!

NH-D14, it will perform better than the U12S despite the cramped space

did u really just click 200 times

no u

ok lad u have made your point

Error: 410

Air cooling is what I would recommend. Overtime water cooling tubes could malfunction or deteriorate. In my opinion water cooling poses too much risk of it failing and dripping water all over your rig (and damaging your other precious parts).

For air cooling, the Noctua NH-D14 is the way to go. You should carefully make sure that it fits with your ram and case.

Alright, I've gone with the DH-14 along with some low profile Vengeance ram.

Thank you all for your input! I really do value it!