Is this convincing

spwath

Im trying to explain to my parents why an IMac g4 is a worthwhile purchase for me. Is this a convinsing presentation? Should i add to it?

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WqhPADB2SKw3oZTU6G2L40ZSor-R-UGDla7F9FbBi4k/edit?usp=sharing

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Im trying to explain to my parents why an IMac g4 is a worthwhile purchase for me. Is this a convinsing presentation? Should i add to it?

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WqhPADB2SKw3oZTU6G2L40ZSor-R-UGDla7F9FbBi4k/edit?usp=sharing

In my opinion, no. But then again, in my opinon, there is never any need to buy an apple computer (especially a desktop) when a PC can be built with better specifications, for a cheaper price.

That being said, if you want it just because "its an apple I wants it" then that's really not a terrific argument, but be honest. They'll be more likely to respect your honesty

If you need it for a specific program for work or college or something, then that's a good reason. From reading the presentation, I would say your reasoning is emotional/subjective/biased.

Just my 2 cents, It's what I would say If I was your parents lol but that's just me

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Nope, you can't say you'd like to play around and expirement with i and then add "Will only go up in price"

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Nope, you can't say you'd like to play around and expirement with i and then add "Will only go up in price"

Why not?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Why not?

It won't go up in price if you expirement and play with it.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

In my opinion, no. But then again, in my opinon, there is never any need to buy an apple computer (especially a desktop) when a PC can be built with better specifications, for a cheaper price.

That being said, if you want it just because "its an apple I wants it" then that's really not a terrific argument, but be honest. They'll be more likely to respect your honesty

If you need it for a specific program for work or college or something, then that's a good reason. From reading the presentation, I would say your reasoning is emotional/subjective/biased.

Just my 2 cents, It's what I would say If I was your parents lol but that's just me

I dont want it for any specific work, just for fun basicly

It won't go up in price if you expirement and play with it.

As long as i dont break it it will.

The fact that you're making a powerpoint-like presentation would convince me if you were my kid...

Off topic a little, i wouldn't bother with old Macs. My brother got an old Mac Mini and the only thing it's good for as of now is using garageband(because it's the only program that'll run decently on the old hardware...)

Linus once unboxed a Toblerone

The fact that you're making a powerpoint-like presentation would convince me if you were my kid...

Off topic a little, i wouldn't bother with old Macs. My brother got an old Mac Mini and the only thing it's good for as of now is using garageband(because it's the only program that'll run decently on the old hardware...)

Well 2 things to that:

A: Im using it to play around with, not do actualy work

B: I love garage band and have a USB Piano keyboard.

Well you could start by spelling iMac correctly. . .

Fixed

New thing: I may be able to get a free imac g5.

Jesus....if i had to do that to get something i wanted i would just get a job  Are your parents actuaries or accounts or something?

To answer you question...no it is not enough.....if you have to do this then they would want to hear about how they and you would benefit from the expenditure. Put in some stuff about education and some MAC crap about how just by having a MAC you become smarter than "normal people" and are more prone to get in to top universities and how it make them look as responsible, educated, modern and classy parents. I have a feeling they would like to hear that.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Write a persuasive essay. They still teach that subject in school right?

And no this doesn't help you. No formatting, information, and it's an old outdated PC. Why do you want one of these things?

There'd never be a convincing reason unless you like vintage computing.