Tesla preps for Model X production with assembly line revamp

Dietrichw

Oh snap, I want one of those.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Debate aside

this car is awesome, the tesla is a real big step forward in technology. For cars, for batteries, for safety. There is a lot to be proud of here!

Hopefully other manufactures follow suit, I know many big car companies have bought teslas so they can tear them down and have a good look inside at the tech

Heres to a greener future

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why do they need lead?

Well they need the lead for the batteries in the prius, not sure if they have the same for the tesla. I just happen to remember a segment on topgear where they pointed out that when you buy the prius, the lead in the batteries has circled the globe at least once, maybe twice. It was mined in Canada (and lead mining is terrible for the environment), sent somewhere to be refined, sent somewhere else where it was turned into some kind of foam, sent yet another place where it was turned into like slabs or plates or something, and it basically keeps going until you have the battery, in which case it's shipped again to the prius production plant.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And 100% renewable energy is actually a physical impossibility I hate to tell you. a zero gain zero loss system defies physics. The sun will eventually explode killing everything (so not having it to power stuff is the least of our worries, granted)

strawman argument

strawman argument

Meaning that something like containing and capturing all of the energy from the sun would provide enough energy that it might as well be limitless? Granted, still, not renewable.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Meaning that something like containing and capturing all of the energy from the sun would provide enough energy that it might as well be limitless? Granted, still, not renewable.

there is no need to get off topic because of technicalities.

renewable energy isn't limitless but for example with solar the sun will putting out the energy until it dies regardless of if we use that energy or not, so might as well use it while we can and before we are burnt to a crisp from the sun expanding and becoming a reg giant before imploding.

Well, it's definitely not an SUV. Maybe an SAV or crossover, which is a tough market to compete in, especially in terms of luxury.