Micro USB Port Dead (S3)

Joppsta

So, this for me is the final straw. I think the only realistic option on Android for charging reliably is wireless judging from my past couple years of life with this damn S3.

Are the HTC's also as much of a pain as S3?

To put this into perspective.. one of my mUSB wires won't charge (these 3m aftermarket ones I bought), got some random mUSB wire lying around and threw that in and it's done 2% in the last couple hours.

Got a wireless charging set coming tomorrow but 20% battery for the rest of today while I am at work so pretty much absolutely raging. Never thought I would be complaining about the charging port on a phone in 2014 (fair enough the phone is from 2012 but my point still stands).

Am I the only one that is this sick of mUSB? Mini would've been a much better choice IMO.

That's not a Samsung only problem, micro USB in general fails quite often. Mini would be MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better, especially on tablets, I don't get it, it's not like they don't have space on a 10" tablet.

i'm a potato

The connection on the S3 is also very flimsy and doesn't hold it in well, I've gone through like 5 cables on my S3. On the plus side, the OnePlus One holds the cable in really well ;)

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Well, no idea what the thing's beef was but a mUSB charger at my work seemed to charge it.. and apparently it's working with the exact same cables that it wasn't charging at all with now.

To say the least... I am going to rely on Wireless Charging and backup battery from now on. I suppose the only real big plus of going Samsung over HTC.

Planning on picking up whatever's the latest and greatest HTC when I am due for upgrade (September time).

Why don't you just buy a phone that doesn't use microusb to save you the headache down the road. Linus m7 also ran into microusb problems around the time he reviewed the m8.