Favorite heavy metal sub-genres?

TeKNiQue

Also mention your favorite bands.

Some of my favorite bands are TesseracT, The Contortionist and Animals as Leaders.

Favorite genres are Progressive, Djent, Technical Death metal and Avant-garde (also experimental, forgot it)

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Not sure if it counts, but it's one of my favorite songs of all time.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Favourite bands include: Firewind, Feared, Children of Bodom, Death and Amon Amarth.

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

MetallicA, pantera, Avenged sevenfold, mastodon with their (imho) killer riffs., Children of bodom, black sabbath (if its classified as metal), we butter the bread with butter (check 'em out by the way), oh MetallicA (another time because I like them so much :P), judas priest, slayer, Antrax has some good songs, oh and who doesn't like Maiden? Slipknot and System of a Down are also amazing. And bullet for my valentine, its not really metal but more like emo-rock but who gives a fuck, I like it.

edit forgot to mention, Amon Amarth and inflames.

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

I have no idea what the difference between those are.

What type does AC/DC and George Thorogood fall under?

Mind if I plug a guy I've worked with before? I'll spoiler it...

https://soundcloud.com/xenogenocide

My god his stuff is beautiful.

Anyways, I'm currently really into symphonic metal. To the point where I'm trying to cover some electronic songs in a kind-of symphonic metal format.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

I have no idea what the difference between those are.

What type does AC/DC and George Thorogood fall under?

Wiki says that acdc is "hard rock"

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

I have no idea what subgenres they belong to, but Intervals and Periphery are my top two. I also really like broken cross by architects

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

where is glam?

also

Avenged

BFMV

Linkin park

metallica

alestorm

pantera

gnr

some more probably, this was from yhe yop of my head

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

where is glam?

Luckily confined to 80s retro parties and bars for 30 to 40 year olds

In any case there's plenty of talk about genres and not enough music, so something that kicks ass:

-------

Current Rig

-------

Luckily confined to 80s retro parties and bars for 30 to 40 year olds

In any case there's plenty of talk about genres and not enough music, so something that kicks ass:

you are forgetting about the unforgetable, undeniably awesome, possibly insane, definately quite full of drugs, Steel Panther!!!!!

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

If you're going to post 80s stuff with glam looking guys let's at least put something that's actually awesome:

thats not 80s man, its 2013 :P

but if you are going to be glamming, how can you not go twisted sister immediately :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRwrg0db_zY

Can I join the '80s nostalgia?

sure you can. something a bit on the heavy side now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4duZjxusGM

METALLICA

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Avenged, (Scream Aim Fire era) BFMV, Disturbed, Metallica, Trivium, and Carach Angren are my favorites (that I can think of off the top of my head).

Here's a sampling of CA for those who don't know them.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

METALLICA

tho a metal cliche, one cannot argue it

tho a metal cliche, one cannot argue it

i fucking love Metallica even if they're the most overrated band in existence

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

i fucking love Metallica even if they're the most overrated band in existence

i adore them, but i dont listen to them anymore. especially cant listen to live ones anymore, it hurts my heart

i adore them, but i dont listen to them anymore. especially cant listen to live ones anymore, it hurts my heart

yeah i agree, i don't like their newer albums at all and live performances of any band really aren't good imo