PNY and Palit, how are they related?

PSenapus

I'd like to buy a new graphics card.
I've been an AMD graphics card user for many years, and I'd like to try buying an nvidia. (My last nvidia was a GeForce FX 5200LE.)

I am interested in the GTX 770 and I couldn't help but notice some similarities with the cooling solution and PCB design of these 2 brands, PNY and Palit.

Google says both PNY and Palit (a.k.a. Gainward) are manufacturers.
PNY http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/b2374.jpg 
Palit http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/b1968.jpg

Check out their GTX 780ti as well
PNY http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/b2709.jpg 
Palit http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/b2659.jpg

How are these 2 brands related?
I'm in europe and both Palit and PNY can be bought almost anywhere.

"Gerard if you're watching I'll see you at the usual spot in 10 minutes, if you know what I mean." Linus Sebastian, 2014.

The coolers are clearly manufactured by the same factory, that is pretty interesting I'll follow the thread to hopefully find out why.

I would say they most likely came from Palit/Gainward as the little logo space is unused on the PNY card and I don't see why they'd put it there just to leave blank, where as the Palit card has the logo space filled by their logo.

That's literally the only evidence I have to go on though.

The coolers are clearly manufactured by the same factory, that is pretty interesting I'll follow the thread to hopefully find out why.

Same

No No No

I think they're owned by the same company, not sure.

It might be the same company itself, but for different markets (PNY for NA/Europe, Palit for Asia?).

I'm looking more into this though.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

They don't look anything alike, cant you see one has gold

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Reasearch has turned up:

PNY:

• Established in 1985
  • Available in 50 countries (HQ in USA)
  • Has office in Hong Kong (may be important, it's a small similarity)
  • Germany office is located at Münchener Str. 17, 85540 Haar b. München

Palit:

• Established in 1988 (China manufacturing department est. 1992)
  • Logistics center is in Hong Kong
  • Main HQ is in Taipei
  • Germany office is located at Otto-Brenner-Str 5 47877 Willich

I might try looking into this further, though I doubt they're the same, based on the Germany locations.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

they probably just have a collaboration, since they are both not that big, and it it more cost effective like that

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

The palit jetstream and super jetstream are monsters however, i remember a while back that people were suggesting that it could best a lighting card also palit tends to be cheaper which is nice.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

They don't look anything alike, cant you see one has gold

Damn, you're right.

"Gerard if you're watching I'll see you at the usual spot in 10 minutes, if you know what I mean." Linus Sebastian, 2014.

they probably just have a collaboration, since they are both not that big, and it it more cost effective like that

Actually, Palit is the largest graphics card manufacturer in the world apparently.

PNY however might not be that big in the GPU department but they're damn large. They manufacture ram, ssd, usb drives...

That is what is confusing, both of them are manufacturers and offer OEM production.

The AMD side isn't as confusing. The only confusing thing there is the TUL corporation (Powercolor, Club3D and VTX3D)

Pretty much like PCPartner for nvidia (Zotac, Manli and Inno3D)

I mailed Palit and waiting for a reply, but I doubt they will reply.

I should probably mail them with my company email.

I'll be waiting to see if anyone finds out more about this, it's very interesting.

Using company email might get you an answer indeed.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Actually, Palit is the largest graphics card manufacturer in the world apparently.

PNY however might not be that big in the GPU department but they're damn large. They manufacture ram, ssd, usb drives...

That is what is confusing, both of them are manufacturers and offer OEM production.

The AMD side isn't as confusing. The only confusing thing there is the TUL corporation (Powercolor, Club3D and VTX3D)

I'll be waiting to see if anyone finds out more about this, it's very interesting.

i meant big in the consumer GPU department :P iirc PNY manufactures all Quadros too

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I thought Palit, PNY, Gainward, Galaxy, KFA2, Innovision came from the same parent company?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

And I thought Zotac was the sister company of Sapphire?

Or are those triple fan cooler with orange colours playing tricks on my mind? :P

And I thought Zotac was the sister company of Sapphire?

Or are those triple fan cooler with orange colours playing tricks on my mind? :P

I have read a lot of people claiming that.

Sapphire is independent and only deals with AMD graphics. Perhaps it is the sister company of PCPartner, not of Zotac.

PCPartner's website clearly states which brands are theirs.

Added info

I've found this article from the distant 2005

"[...]Sapphire for example is very keen to clarify that PC Partner and Sapphire are entirely independent entities, but as Sapphire alone can call upon PC Partner to manufacture some 18 million graphics cards per month[...]"

Edited by PSenapus

Gainward, PNY and Palit share the same PCB design on many cars which leads me to the assumption that they either originate from the same company or buy their parts from a certain manufacturer.

144Hz goodness

Palit replied:

"Dear customer

Thank you for the mail.

As we know PNY might have one or more manufacturers.
We suggest you to contact PNY to get the information.
Thanks.

Palit Support
Palit Microsystem Ltd."

Palit replied:

"Dear customer

Thank you for the mail.

As we know PNY might have one or more manufacturers.
We suggest you to contact PNY to get the information.
Thanks.

Palit Support

Palit Microsystem Ltd."

Question avoidance unlocked.

I still think Palit are the manufacturer.

Damn I wish PNY would reply as quickly as Palit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to buy a new graphics card.

I've been an AMD graphics card user for many years, and I'd like to try buying an nvidia. (My last nvidia was a GeForce FX 5200LE.)

I am interested in the GTX 770 and I couldn't help but notice some similarities with the cooling solution and PCB design of these 2 brands, PNY and Palit.

Google says both PNY and Palit (a.k.a. Gainward) are manufacturers.

PNY http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/b2374.jpg 

Palit http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/b1968.jpg

Check out their GTX 780ti as well

PNY http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/b2709.jpg 

Palit http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/images/b2659.jpg

How are these 2 brands related?

I'm in europe and both Palit and PNY can be bought almost anywhere.

Where is the quote in your  signature from?

Where is the quote in your  signature from?