How to route headphone cables?

creativename

The HD558 has a REALLY long cable(I think 10 feet?) what is an optimal way to route it, i always step on it, and I have killed headsets before by stepping on long cables and standing up, ripping the cable and destroying the headset.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

What's you're set up, are you close to you're desk or is it like a TV couch situation

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

I run it behind my monitors along my desk to the top of my PC.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I run it behind my monitors along my desk to the top of my PC.

If youre monitor is vesa compatible get two long screws that fit in the holes and coil the extra cabling around the two screws

Edit: I thought you were the original poster lol sorry

Wrap it around your neck a few times. Trust me, you'll learn not to step on that sucker real fast.

I route it under my keyboard to the back of my desk and bunched it up and taped it (not the best solution) to the back of my desk to prevent it from touching the ground

I have 558s too

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Mine is pinned down under my mic and routed round the base of my monitor and down to my tower. I hate having the cable drooping over my keyboard, especially when it is a curly cable. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

What's you're set up, are you close to you're desk or is it like a TV couch situation

My setup is, 2 monitors, 1 directly in front of me, and 1 a little big anglged on the left

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Wrap it around your neck a few times. Trust me, you'll learn not to step on that sucker real fast.

Lol, maybe. Just maybe.

My setup is, 2 monitors, 1 directly in front of me, and 1 a little big anglged on the left

Why is the cable on the floor run it under youre keyboard behind the monitor down the back of the desk to youre pc, leave a enough cable to move around a bit and rap   Wrap the rest of it up. and tuck it away some where. Or find vesa screws and put them behind youre monitor and coil them there .

Edit: I stared at rap for a while knowing there was something wrong

I have the O2 under my monitor. So I have the plug on the front of the amp. I pull the cable back to the table and a bit under my table. Then I loop the rest towards me. Personally I store my headphone in the case I got with them. So I have a chair with a case on the chair and the headphones in the case (cable runs along the length of the table onto the chair).

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

AMD FX-8350 @4GHz / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / G.Skill RipJaw X 8GB 1866Mhz / Samsung 840 120GB SSD / Sapphire R9 270X Toxic / Corsair CX500 / Fractal Design Define R4 / Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue / Xiaomi  Piston 2.0 / Steelseries Sensei / LG G3 32GB

I already ruined 2 Logitech headsets by running over them with my chair...

I then had enough and just bought a wireless headset. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Velcro and cable ties, you can "glue" it to the buttom of your desk.

i just sit an object (desk lamp) on my desk over the cable so that there is a bit of slack on my side but the majority is dangling behind the desk against the wall.