white noise in the background while talking in skype

MangeSWE

hi i have a problem i am getting white noise when i am talking in skype and while i am listening to the mic in the settings, i've tried changing headphones and that didn't work, i've put in a sound card and that didn't work either, and if i pull out the headset cords out of the pc the noise still there :( i need help

The noise is probably electrical interference in your PC. Try using a USB DAC (borrow one or something). Oh I know try turning down the sensitivity of your mic. Mics pick up white noise and electrical interference when their sensitivity is too high.

The noise is probably electrical interference in your PC. Try using a USB DAC (borrow one or something). Oh I know try turning down the sensitivity of your mic. Mics pick up white noise and electrical interference when their sensitivity is too high.
i can't lover the sensativity couse then no one hears me but i think i should get a usb sound card for the headset

Another thing to look at is the sensitivity in the Audio Recording menu rather then in a game option menu.

Nathan

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

What mic is it?

Is it analogue or USB?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Try a usb sound card, or a usb mic.

• i5 3570k @ 4.6ghz
  • Gigabyte z77
  • 8gb Corsair Vengeance
  • Galaxy GTX 670 OC
  • 120gb Patriot Pyro SE
  • 2TB WD Green

i've got the steelseries siberia v2 non usb, i've put in a soundcard it made it worse, i toke it out and it was still that white noise, i changed headset to the turtle beach x12, no differense, and when i pul the cords out or mute the mic the noise is still there any ideas ?

is it on the other end?

you can do all you want on your end but if the person you are talking to has a bad setup, their side will alway hiss.

if it's your end I would suggest a new microphone with a higher sensitivity. the mic preamp in your sound card is noisy, you turn it up but your also turning up the noise floor of the preamp.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac