Contest! OnePlus One Invite to give

Nomelas
Go to solution Solved by Nomelas,

Grats to NuroKnight & Nathan for winning the invites :) They have been claimed and purchased.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

My little brother has been trying to receive an invite for a OnePlus one 64GB for weeks/months now but he still hasn't received anything. He really really wants it and keeps going on about it. So since his 12th birthday is in a about a month, me and my parents are doing everything we can to get an invite so he can have it for his birthday.

I guess I should explain why I think my little brother deserves an invite over everyone else then. Well he's only eleven years old so he hasn't really done any special work/contribution to others, but I think he deserves it for the fact that his disease has screwed up his live for the past few years, and probably will continue to do so for the rest of his life, which he really doesn't deserve. He has been very sick in the last few years, losing weight, not able to digest his food properly, not growing well, not doing well in school, having to remain at home a lot because of sickness or lack of energy, etc. So last year he was diagnosed with Crohns disease, and a rather serious form of it. The result: Thanks to this f-ing shit he now has to stay at home instead of going to his first year in high school, he can't eat anything but has to receive food through a tube in his nose and is afraid people will look at him and make fun of him (he has to carry the tube in his nose all day).

I do not dare to hope that you will give us the invite. We would be extremely grateful! (don't feel bad if you've already given it away. we can always find another cool birthday present and it won't be the end of the world)

It's my GF's birthday soon, she needs a new phone (still has a crappy Galaxy W).

Awesome giveaway, thanks!

I'm in need of a new phone since my LG 4X HD is not capable of doing everything I need and I've also managed to drop it leading to an ugly fix with superglue :/ Since I'm on a great contract at the moment that is no longer available to sign I'm trying to keep it as long as possible(age restricted, can have it for another 2 years as most), therefore I'm looking to buy the best phone I can afford off contract, which have lead me in the pursuit of the one! plus one. :)

Thanks a lot for the giveaway, really awesome of you! Whoever gets it will surely be greatful! 

Hello...   I'm a Nexus One, Nexus 4 former user and have always been looking for a little more than what pure Google Android OS offers.   I intended to buy it for my birthday (July 14th) but sadly enough it was through invite only.  I'm now stuck with a borrowed slugish SGS3 and in real need for a phone that can last me a long time, I typically don't buy a phone every year or update whenever possible (see previous phones), I'd rather tailor and configure my phone to last me a long time.  I'm 138702 (@mariodfa) in the OnePlus net, my best guess is that unless I get invite through the kindness of my fellow human, I won't be getting this phone as a birthday present.

Look forward to your pick.  Cheers eh!?

enjoying life in the US, working for a Canadian company...

UPDATE - Just want to let you know that I've received an invite and already made the purchase.  No longer need an invite.  Thanks and good luck to all!

I would like one because I would like to stop giving Verizon Wireless Money.

As having a cheap father who gave me a junky Nokia (those old ones like 7 years ago) and forced me to use it until my uncle gave me an HTC HD7 to use, I've yet to pay to unlock it and am barely surviving with the Nokia.

Was thinking about winging it and spending all out on one of the flagship phones like the HTC M8 until I discovered this.

Buttttt their bad invite system and method of inviting people is horrible and while I wait, the OPO will probably be outdated already...

So...please?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

20 Entrants to far :P

this contest is still open but I would just like to add that I will be PMing the winner on the forums once I've picked one. I will also announce it in this thread once I have done so. Until then please keep submitting!

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Hi there! I'm happy to say that we've already received an invite, so I no longer need it. Thanks anyway, and good luck!

Iphone 5 went through a full wash cycle a few weeks ago now.  Thought I had managed to save it after opening, drying and cleaning it.  Well, the delay in actually getting the tools to open it (they use TS1 pentalobe screws for some inexplicable reason) left some lasting damage.  The tools were borrowed from my sisters friend, and I had to return them shortly after receiving them.  Originally the OS was corrupted and I couldn't even restore it, but through some techno-magic I was able to get it working, at the cost of all the data on the phone, most important was an email account that was I had closed, but hadn't archived yet, so that's gone.  The screen has worked, worked only when pressure is applied to a particular corner, not worked, backlight not working but the digitizer works, backlight flickering at extreme low lights basically impossible to read unless in the dead of night with no other light sources and finally back to not working again.  The battery used to get me through an entire day or so, but now lasts roughly 2 hours.  It runs extremely hot and will only charge when plugged into my laptop with itunes running. Speaking of which, on the weekend itunes no longer recognized the types of data the phone had stored, and trying to restore the firmware caused an error.  It has since gotten over that issue, instead deciding to randomly video call my father, who got a good laugh out of the mess.

There that's my story, in the mean time I am hunting through the boxes in the garage for my old Motorola Razr V3, which probably still works.  

I'm sure there are other people who need a new phone just as bad, but I also needed to vent somewhere.  Sorry about that.

20 Entrants to far :P

this contest is still open but I would just like to add that I will be PMing the winner on the forums once I've picked one. I will also announce it in this thread once I have done so. Until then please keep submitting!

Thanks for doing this dude, I think we all appreciate it quite a bit. Whoever wins will probably be pretty darn happy about it haha.

Hi there! I'm happy to say that we've already received an invite, so I no longer need it. Thanks anyway, and good luck!

noted, thanks for being honest! and grats to you!

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Also received this referral code discount on screen protectors today: http://evolutivelabs.refr.cc/69P8PN2

10% off for $22.49 - still a bit expensive but well worth it!

That's great to hear and I hope your brother stays stronk!

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I'm gonna have to revoke my entry, I actually managed to grab an invite the other day and now my phone is on its way haha. Still I do appreciate the opportunity, and I'm sure the rest of the people in this thread here do as well!

before entering, can an australian enter the contest? :D

it must be one of these:

oneplus-one-launch-markets.jpg

it must be one of these:

oneplus-one-launch-markets.jpg

That is rather stupid :/ everywhere else but not Australia, can even put Australia on the shipping and stuff on the website

That is rather stupid :/ everywhere else but not Australia, can even put Australia on the shipping and stuff on the website

yeah and their shipping to Canada is actually shipping from the US warehouse.... increased cost and double tax dipping....

Tax is included in the cost for Americans and Canadians pay the american price.... but we also get dinged with Canadian taxes so double the taxes it's retarded.

I also wanna revoke my entry, I got an invite earlier but my mamamamamamamamama won't let me buy it yet, so Ill probably get it with my member invite (im about 84k), dont mind waiting a month. I claimed the invite but I don't know what to do with it...I guess I will have to let it gooooo LET IT GOOOOOOOOO CANT HOLD BACK ANYMOREEEEEE LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but thank you for this opportunity, good man.

I'd love that invite because my Huawei's battery melted and destroyed the whole phone, no warranty on that :( 

Thanks for the awesome opportunity :)

I also wanna revoke my entry, I got an invite earlier but my mamamamamamamamama won't let me buy it yet, so Ill probably get it with my member invite (im about 84k), dont mind waiting a month. I claimed the invite but I don't know what to do with it...I guess I will have to let it gooooo LET IT GOOOOOOOOO CANT HOLD BACK ANYMOREEEEEE LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but thank you for this opportunity, good man.

Sorry to hear. It's well worth the wait though!

Oh sorry I'm in Aust also. Withdrawn :) best of luck.

No worries!

Also you want to make sure you're carrier is compatible. For instance the OnePlus One isn't compatible with Verison or Sprint in the US.

Here's a link with a more extensive list: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/faq-frequently-asked-questions-including-carrier-compatibility.7195/#post-346420

Also you want to make sure you're carrier is compatible. For instance the OnePlus One isn't compatible with Verison or Sprint in the US.

Here's a link with a more extensive list: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/faq-frequently-asked-questions-including-carrier-compatibility.7195/#post-346420

Yay Wind is supported :)

"Rawr XD"