Did I make a good decision?

Roberto

Hey guys I've got a lga 775 build in an Antec P180 4gb ram q9450 core 2 duo, slow hard drives don't know rpm but, they are the lowest rated things in windows index and a gtx 8800. 

I've been meaning to upgrade but, I've never had the money to do it all once so a couple days ago I got a 3570k, Patriot 1600 8gb ram and a msi z77a g43. I'm wondering if you guys think I made the right choice?

My plan for the future is to get a 7950 or 680, c70, a swiftech h220, ssd boot drive, 3tb hdd, and a swiftech h220 and eventually have a fully water cooled pc. ( This products will probably change with advancing technology, Just said these to give you guys an idea) Is my plan good? or should I have bought different things instead of moo ram and cpu such as gpu? Thanks for any input!

That is a pretty good plan. However, Haswell and GTX 7xx series are coming out so soon, it may have been a good decision to wait, and possibly save money. One other thing is that it would be cheaper and better just to go full watercool from the start, than go with the h220, or even an upgraded h220. 

It's pretty good

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Thanks for the advice when the time comes I will look at buying a custom loop versus fixed loops/h220. I still haven't bought a graphics card so I might end up buying a gtx 7** series

If you can only upgrade parts at a time thats fine.  I do think you went in the reverse best order though.  We know haswell and 7xx nvidia cards are coming out soon and possibly new AMD cards too as well as some new AMD CPUs.  So I would have if I was you went for new HDDs and a new case first and then waited a few months to see how pricing is affected on the CPUs and mobos.  Its not the end of the world though that CPU will last you the next 3 -5 years as a comfortable CPU.  

My mobo is dram frequency is set to 1600mhz but cpu id says its at 800mhz any ideas?

Yeah it's a pretty good build. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -