insanely high temps on i5 4690k?

Go to solution Solved by xToFxREAPER,

Hello, my Intel core i5-4690k recently arrived today, i slapped it in, and, i seem to be reaching 100c on load? idle is 50-60c

i have redone the thermal paste twice now and it doesn't seem to affect anything.

this is at stock by the way. im using a Cooler master Seidon 120v water cooler that i only had for like 2 weeks now.

i understand that it's a haswell processor which means the temps are going to be a bit high but i don't think it's supposed to be that high!

i am thinking of delidding it and maybe see if that will help with temps.

and help would be appreciated!

Sincerely,

Growlith1223

Uhmm theres something seriously wrong there, maybe double check your mounting hardware isnt bent or damaged and that the cooler itself is seating properly, if it is then there may be a faulty pump resulting in no flow thus causing temps to rise

Strange.  Especially if you aren't blue screening, I don't think it has to do with overclock stability.  I could be wrong though.

Make sure everything is plugged in very securely.  I'm not sure.  Maybe try creating a new topic, hopefully someone else can help.  Write down everything you have tried and your experiences.  More heads on the problem can't hurt.

Ok will do that. At the moment I'm running a stability test on AIDA 64.

My settings are:

CPU 4.4 ghz @ 1.215v

DRAM 1867 with XMP turned on @ 1.650v

Ring cache 3.9 @ 1.010v

I'm at the 4 minute mark and my temps are at 70c.

UPDATE: Currently at 28 minutes of stress test, no problems whatsoever.