What do you prefer driving, automatic or stick?

terrytek

I learned most of the mechanics from this guy.

Oh yeah. I watched that exact video.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Oh yeah. I watched that exact video.

There's also this. I rev match though...

And this for you foot-lovers.  :P

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

This one is pretty funny. So i thought i'd share it

Man, I gotta know how to utilize 2 pedals with one foot. Seems boss.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Man, I gotta know how to utilize 2 pedals with one foot. Seems boss.

Heel and toe?

It's not that difficult if you get some practice in :)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Heel and toe?

Yeah, might be hard to practice heel and toe without wrecking my car.

Yeah, might be hard to practice heel and toe without wrecking my car.

I practiced on a parking lot^^ And nowadays i use it in my daily driving (when i feel like putting my foot down a bit)

Here is a video demonstration.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I practiced on a parking lot^^ And nowadays i use it in my daily driving (when i feel like putting my foot down a bit)

Here is a video demonstration.

Oh.

Heel and toe?

I need to figure it out in my car. I have a feeling my pedals not all being at the same height isn't going to help though.

I need to figure it out in my car. I have a feeling my pedals not all being at the same height isn't going to help though.

It ain't. That's the problem with cars in America and around the world. One pedal is always larger than the other one. GAS. Probably for those who can't tell the difference between the gas pedal and the other 2, or one if auto.

Just sit down in your car and place your foot on the brake. Then feel around a bit with your foot until you've found a comfortable way of blipping the throttle^^

In the beginning it might cause the car to lurch or even shift lock.. Just thought i'd add that.

It ain't. That's the problem with cars in America and around the world. One pedal is always larger than the other one. GAS. Probably for those who can't tell the difference between the gas pedal and the other 2, or one if auto.

My gas pedal is skinny and tall. Its mounted to the floor. The clutch and brake are the same size but are mounted to the back from the top.

My gas pedal is skinny and tall. Its mounted to the floor. The clutch and brake are the same size but are mounted to the back from the top.

Yep. Mine too.

Yep. Mine too.

Actually I was wrong it is mounted to the top but super close to the center. Thing is with the break all the way down you just then get to the neutral position of the gas pedal.

I think I was thinking of my mother's mini before.

Actually I was wrong it is mounted to the top but super close to the center. Thing is with the break all the way down you just then get to the neutral position of the gas pedal.

I think I was thinking of my mother's mini before.

Dyou have a pic?

Dyou have a pic?

I do not and getting a picture that shows the height difference might be a bit difficult.

I do not and getting a picture that shows the height difference might be a bit difficult.

Hmm.. What car?

Aveo5 2007 :D

You live in America or something? I haven't seen one in other countries. Also, I never knew those were available in stick.

You live in America or something? I haven't seen one in other countries. Also, I never knew those were available in stick.

Yep. I think its named other things elsewhere. Yep they are though the inside is definitely not designed for it. If you have the cup holders out you run you hand into them in 1st, 3rd, and 5th. I have the base model + AC. :P

Yep. I think its named other things elsewhere. Yep they are though the inside is definitely not designed for it. If you have the cup holders out you run you hand into them in 1st, 3rd, and 5th. I have the base model + AC. :P

lol, that kinda sucks. Are you like some broke college student who can only afford this?

lol, that kinda sucks. Are you like some broke college student who can only afford this?

:D :D :D :D :D

Yea but I already have it paid off. Also take a look at my anthrax build my money tends to go other places...

:D :D :D :D :D

Yea but I already have it paid off. Also take a look at my anthrax build my money tends to go other places...

So how much did you spend on your build exactly? That money should have gone to a nicer car.

Stick, but never tried automatic since I have no access to a car with automatic.

You can take my mom's shitty minivan. If you crash it, I wouldn't give a damn! :D

I've only driven in racing game but I like stick

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."