one web site not working...

crazydog2580

Hi All,

I have a problem with my banking website www.stgeorge.com.au I can't access it while connected to my home internet. it just times out. I can access it when using my work VPN with my home internet. I have rang iinet and tried to resolve this with no luck.

this issue also affects phones and well any devices connected to the Wi-Fi 

things I have done,

1. Reset router (many times)
  2. Checked packet size its set at 1492
  3. Even tried using ie I normally use chrome also tried using my fiancée's Imac
  4. Checked host file (not that I really knew what to look for)
  5. Tried to reach the direct IP 203.16.39.40

any ideas?

I will do my best to try your suggestions however im still a fair noob with computers.

Thanks in advance

Crazydog

What browser are u using?>

I normally use chrome

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

everything is basically stock settings on the boblite modem iinet provided

I would look at trying some different DNS servers.

@crazydog2580

Try if you can reach the direct IP 203.16.39.40. If you can, then the problem indeed is your DNS server settings.

You can change these by going to 'Network Connections', right click you network adapter, click 'Properties', select 'Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)' in the list, click 'Properties', click the radio button labeled 'Use the following DNS server addresses:', enter '8.8.8.8' and '8.8.4.4' as primary and secondary DNS servers, apply settings by clicking 'OK' in all opened windows. This should alleviate the problem.

As a sidenote: you might want to evade using that bank's website for any account management related things. It doesn't have a proper SSL certificate, so you can never be sure of the identity of the bank.

@crazydog2580

Try if you can reach the direct IP 203.16.39.40. If you can, then the problem indeed is your DNS server settings.

You can change these by going to 'Network Connections', right click you network adapter, click 'Properties', select 'Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4)' in the list, click 'Properties', click the radio button labeled 'Use the following DNS server addresses:', enter '8.8.8.8' and '8.8.4.4' as primary and secondary DNS servers, apply settings by clicking 'OK' in all opened windows. This should alleviate the problem.

As a sidenote: you might want to evade using that bank's website for any account management related things. It doesn't have a proper SSL certificate, so you can never be sure of the identity of the bank.

no luck reaching it direct I for did try this once before as well sorry forgot to add that.

I think once you click on the login page you get all the ssl info https://ibanking.stgeorge.com.au/ibank/loginPage.action   (please correct me if im wrong)

no luck reaching it direct I for did try this once before as well sorry forgot to add that.

I think once you click on the login page you get all the ssl info https://ibanking.stgeorge.com.au/ibank/loginPage.action   (please correct me if im wrong)

Everything you typed made me laugh because of your pic, imagining peter speaking those words really got to me. that is all.

Nothing to see here, move along

is giving some a copy of a tracert I have done okay? I mean can they hack me with the info in it?

i did a tracert on www.stgeorge.com.au as i'm still having trouble reaching it

Ah yes, OK then... They should still SSLify their whole site IMO.

i did a tracert on www.stgeorge.com.au as i'm still having trouble reaching it

Did it have any result, or did it just say "target unreachable"?

Ah yes, OK then... They should still SSLify their whole site IMO.

Did it have any result, or did it just say "target unreachable"?

it had 7 results then times out after it reaches 218.185.63.5 which is a company called uecomm i have rang them as well as stgeorge i them all looking into this. i have little faith though