Laptop Upgrade Possibility?

Liammail7

regular size SATA drives

SSD are 7mm thick

the bay will fit the SSD since the original HDD is 9mm thick

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

You can probably put a 2.5" ssd in there but only to replace the stock HDD. No mSATA and no optical drive to potentially replace with a hard drive caddy for a second drive.

Understood... but are you guys sure that there is no mSata in there??? would it be said in the basic specs???

also do either of you recommend any good 256gb ssd's that are not too expensive??

Many thanks!!

Understood... but are you guys sure that there is no mSata in there??? would it be said in the basic specs???

also do either of you recommend any good 256gb ssd's that are not too expensive??

Many thanks!!

Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB

good for the price :)

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Many thanks!!

Hmm maybe it does? I'm just purely going off of second-hand information, however.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2330296

If you're going with a SSD I suggest one of the Samsung 840 EVO drives.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W