Tesla's next new car will be called the Model III

Dietrichw

This is great news for people wanting a sporty electric vehicle at a decent price.  It's funny how some people get electric vehicles to be eco-friendly, but in reality they forget about where some of the power comes from, like coal power-plants.  But that's what nuclear energy is for!  :)

Good thing supercharger stations are getting decked out with solar panels then eh? 

Tesla motors is quite aware of that, though unfortunately most consumers don't think that far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rce5RZHCzLk

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

200 miles equates to 321km for me. 

Thats...plenty. 

Regen braking actually helps me. My drive to work is more downhill than uphill, and my drive back is through a ring road that skips the river valley entirely, so I might even pack on some "free" range every morning and I can trickle charge to make up the extra 150km of driving I do a week. 

Its a small car that is going to get put through the lease routine by well off people who were going to buy a 3 series. 

We aren't at the point of cheap cars yet. Even a Prius isn't that cheap. That day will come, but not now. 

Yay! A reasonable price point. Also consider that there will be very little maintenance to do on the car without all the normal moving parts a car has, plus your fuel cost is a lot lower. I wonder how battery degradation will be compared to the Model S/X.

Until they can target people who live in apartment buildings, it'll be difficult for a lot of people to go electric (myself included). Public electric charging stations just aren't common enough.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Just call it the Tesla Elon and use crappy glue on the l, o and n.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Darn I was excited to get all of Model S,E,X. 

Intel i7-4770K @4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | Asus Z87-Deluxe | Crucial Ballistix 16GB

EVGA GTX 770 SC w/ ACX Cooler | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Dell U2713HM

Unless charging speeds are really improved and Tesla's stations show up everywhere by then, the range that electric cars have is still too much of a limiting factor (even at $35k.)

A very small minority drives more than 50 miles per day. The Tesla's charging speed is fine. With the dual chargers, you're looking at a 5 hour charge time for 150 miles, more than enough for overnight charging. 50 miles is under 2 hours. With a wall connector, you can bring down the 150 mile charging time to 2.5 hours.

Electric cars are made for city driving, not long distance. Eventually, the infrastructure and technology will catch up to 1000km range vehicles with superchargers placed along every major highway for quick recharging - Tesla open-sourcing all of their supercharger patents will help with that - and then it'll be suitable for long distance, but people don't desperately need the long distance now. The vast majority of driving occurs within city limits. 

Inb4 anecdotal "I drive 100+ miles per day". 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Honestly if there was an option to put a bigger battery under the hood and just seal it off so it is more aerodynamic, I would pay more that $35k. And the gas savings are temendous holy shit.

Project Restomod (In progress)

Darn I was excited to get all of Model S,E,X. 

Just turn the 3 around and its SEX :P

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.