£195? You can get a larger, faster SSD with an enclosure for that. How important is saving such a small space difference?

Who is @nicklmg ?! O.o   OH I remember him from channel super-fun now... No worries ;)

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

It is certainly a very niche product, maybe for mobile content creators, or people that need to get large files to clients very quickly and its much easier to carry a small usb drive

When something new comes out, it is usually priced a little higher, than drops to what the market will pay.

But I could see this being useful as something to keep important documents on in a safety deposit box or small safe. Or taping to the underside of your desk. Or making a hole in your shoe to have a shoe-drive. Or maybe it's for wikileaks to steal state secrets up their RAM slot.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

When something new comes out, it is usually priced a little higher, than drops to what the market will pay.

But I could see this being useful as something to keep important documents on in a safety deposit box or small safe. Or taping to the underside of your desk. Or making a hole in your shoe to have a shoe-drive. Or maybe it's for wikileaks to steal state secrets up their RAM slot.

Its defiantly not for the masses. If my job required me to carry around large/lots files around all the time and transfer them on and off computers, and I wanted someting light and easy this would be a 100% buy

But I dont, so I would not dream of it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

can't manufacturers shift the usb plug to one side for fat peripherals so at least it won't block both of the adjacent ports?

can't manufacturers shift the usb plug to one side for fat peripherals so at least it won't block both of the adjacent ports?

If they did that, the world would just make too much sense.

But the other thing is, if you plugged it in on the rear motherboard I/O, then it might get in the way of other ports. They should include a short extension cable with ridongleous (dongle? eh? EH?) designs like that.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Eh... The fact its bigger than the usb port form factor (blocking other ports), the crazy price, and the only slight improvements over USB3.... just not worth it.

Not to mention you can only get this performance on USB3 ports, and sadly they are not ubiquituous enough yet for me to jusitfy the purchase.

Ill stick with my 5 or 6 16gb Microcenter sticks, little slower, but more redundancy. And if i lose one im only out like 6 dollars.

They have a 128GB USB 3.0 stick at MC for $49.99...

Also it's PC manufacturers that haven't made it ubiquitous. Apple doesn't use USB 2.0 ports on their devices anymore.

If they did that, the world would just make too much sense.

But the other thing is, if you plugged it in on the rear motherboard I/O, then it might get in the way of other ports. They should include a short extension cable with ridongleous (dongle? eh? EH?) designs like that.

What WOULD make too much sense is making the thing longer or taller. They think they have to be in this tiny "thumb" form factor, when really I'd prefer a "pen" form factor if it slimmed up large capacity drives. I believe they even call them pen drives in Britain.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They have a 128GB USB 3.0 stick at MC for $49.99...

Also it's PC manufacturers that haven't made it ubiquitous. Apple doesn't use USB 2.0 ports on their devices anymore.

Im not sure id use a microcenter stick that big, they are rather slow and i never keep that much data on a single drive anyway. I give mine out, leave them all over, and toss them in my bag going to and from work and consulting jobs... Thats a great way to lose a lot of money in one go.

And im not saying that USB2.0 ports are bad, for about 99.99% of uses for USB they are good enough. They only really suffer compared to large data transfer, which not a huge number of people do often. Most laptops you see now with USB3.0 only (mostly because they only have 2-3 ports anyway) but on desktops there is no reason to get rid of it. Its just that 90% of the computers around are cruddy dell and hp desktops that were made 5+ years ago. And USB3 really only became a real common thing about 4 years ago. The refresh rate of PCs is rather slow, so old standards stay around for quite a long time.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

-snip-

If I had my way we'd already be using nothing but Lightning 2 ports on everything. It might be overkill, but it had so much potential as a completely universal I/O standard. We could have killed everything except audio jacks with it! But of course now Intel has to get behind the Lightning connector ripoff USB 3.1 Type C.

But I didn't, so we aren't.

USB 2.0 ports are still very common on laptops, because they cost almost nothing and are still ubiquitous. It's unfortunate, because USB 3.0 ports don't even cost that much more these days and are entirely backwards compatible.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This looks like a rebranded Patriot Supersonic Magnum (which has been out forever) or is that just me? Many of Corsair's drives look like rebranded patriot ones.

I work with a lot of Windows system images at work. Transferring them between servers, PCs, etc. using network file transfers and cloud storage simply doesn't make sense for files 10+ GBs in size. This is why I normally use a flash drive or external hard drive. Still, flash drives and external hard drives are really slow. So, I could see this being useful. That being said, I don't think I could justify dropping $240 or even $120 for one of these things.

Spoiler

Main rig specs: i5-6500 (3.2 GHz), Cryorig H5 Universal, EVGA GTX 970 FTW+, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2133MHz), Asus Z170i Pro Gaming, Samsung 950 PRO 256GB, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX, LG 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

I like the idea of having a fast really big flash drive.... but I wish it was a bit cheaper. And I don't think I'd ever really need a 256g flash drive. I might as well get an external drive. If I could get something like a really fast 64gb flash drive, that'd be something I'd want. Or even at most a 128

I refuse to have a signature!

Sounds like a neat product, but it simply isn't justifiable. Its the equivalent of a niche product in an already niche market demographic.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

It is expensive but it is awesome that we have such small form factor drives with so much capacity and performance.

It is expensive but it is awesome that we have such small form factor drives with so much capacity and performance.

You could get better performance and larger drive by putting a mSATA Crucial M500 in a enclosure.

• 2 weeks later...

i like the protection built into the phone and i like the orange custom skin i like the fact that its orange.

i like the protection built into the phone and i like the orange custom skin i like the fact that its orange.

wrong thread im guessing the link in the latest video is wrong as it always goes to this thread when it is. :P

I used to have an Xperia z1 but it got stolen. :( Hopefully I can get the new model. :) Btw if this gets picked, hi from vancouver, oh wait...

Im interested in improved screen, its cool that it now has a front speakers, and one thing i always liked about sony is that they don't really change android! 

dbrand does really great job at making skins!

I love sony's waterproof feature and the custom skin choice!!

I love waterproof phones, i've got a moto g right now and i'd love an xperia z2.

The price :/

But sure comes in handy dandy

I've seen a HTC 1 M8 from dbrand, it was full carbon fibber and I just fell in love with it, I have an xpiria SP. I like all xperia phones, I usually listen to music when I am outside, going to work for example, and the sound is AMAZING!

Z2 has the same Walkman software, so I like they kept the same music sofware :)