Will the i5 4460 boot with a MSI B85-G43? HELP!?

Hello guys, my friend ordered a msi b85-g43 mobo with an i5 4460 and my question will it boot and work? since the b85-g43 doesent support haswell refresh out of the box and needs a bios update?

On the msi website it have been realesed a new update for the haswell refresh.

SyA6K58.png

Here is an article saying msi 8 series mobo's can do this http://www.msi.com/news/1664.html

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

This is a double post, my friend.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

This is a double post, my friend.

oops, it said it failed posting the thread the first time. i guess it didnt :S

But still, anyone knows the answer to this??

Gaming Computer | Case: CM Storm Scout II | MB: Asus P8Z77-V LK | CPU: i5 2320@3,6ghz | GFX:  MSI GTX 770 Gaming | RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1333mhz | Storage: 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Monitor: 1x Asus VG248QE @ 144Hz , 1x Samsung SyncMaster SA300 @ 77hz OC'd 

Other Device's | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE@OmniROM | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1@OmniROM | Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Win 8.1

oops, it said it failed posting the thread the first time. i guess it didnt :S

But still, anyone knows the answer to this??

yes if that CPU your friend is using is the Haswell Refresh CPU

that mobo needs a BIOS update to use it

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.