Gaming on Multiple Monitors using Different Resolutions

Hello

I play CS:GO a lot. I have two 1920x1080 monitors. I play CS:GO at 1024x768 stretched. The problem is, since I'm not playing at my native resolution, everything I had opened on my two monitors prior to launching the game gets shifted over two the right (primary monitor is directly in front of me, secondary monitor is to my right). I know this is a common issue for gamers like myself who have dual 1080p monitors but they game at much lower resolutions. I've been looking around but I haven't had much luck so far but my question is this, do you know of any simple solutions to this? Maybe some sort of software that can detect once my primary monitor's resolution changes and re-shifts or undoes the shifting to the right. Something like that would be ideal. 

Just to be clear, I know this isn't a "bug" and it's a normal feature of windows. I'm just wondering if there's a way around it. Oh and please no "just play on native res or deal with it" responses. 

Thanks in advance :D

Video card?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You have to play windowed. When game has different resolution than desktop, it adjusts desktop resolution also. And that causes the sift effect. Playing windowed doesn't have same effect since resolution will only have effect on game window.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Play in windowed/borderless windowed mode, should work great

Also, can I ask, why you play at such a low resolution

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I play at such a low res because competitive counter strike isn't about pixel count and high graphics settings. I mainly play at that resolution because at 1024x768 stretched to a 1080p monitor makes everything in game look much bigger than just playing at 1080p and I get like 300+ fps. Both of these things are pretty standard for counter strike players. I honestly know very few people who play CS at 1080p.

Sadly, the suggestions I got here don't really work... Playing in windowed mode keeps the game in the 4:3 aspect ratio without any scaling which is pretty small on a 24" monitor. Borderless just puts the game in native res. 

Thanks for the effort though. 

Play in windowed/borderless windowed mode, should work great

Also, can I ask, why you play at such a low resolution

The thing is that if you play borderless windowed you can't change the res, and if you play windowed then there's no point in lowering the res because the window is just smaller

I play at 720p because my crosshair is just a little dot in the middle of the screen and in 720 is a little bit bigger for me, and it just works better for me that way, a lot of people play on 4:3 ratios and stuff for their own reasons

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

The thing is that if you play borderless windowed you can't change the res, and if you play windowed then there's no point in lowering the res because the window is just smaller

I play at 720p because my crosshair is just a little dot in the middle of the screen and in 720 is a little bit bigger for me, and it just works better for me that way, a lot of people play on 4:3 ratios and stuff for their own reasons

You know you can change the crosshair size in CSS? and also make it static  rather than adjusting?

also you can change the resolution in windowed mode

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You know you can change the crosshair size in CSS? and also make it static  rather than adjusting?

also you can change the resolution in windowed mode

Yeah I know, but I'm on csgo and I know I can change the size, but it's just something weird and I just feel more comfortable like this lol :P

You can't on borderless, in windowed makes no sense because it just makes the window smaller instead of just stretching it out which is why a lot of people use lower res

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Yeah I know, but I'm on csgo and I know I can change the size, but it's just something weird and I just feel more comfortable like this lol :P

You can change it in some ways, but fair enough :) whatever feels best for you

http://www.pro-hl.com/columns/csgo_crosshairs.php

I play at such a low res because competitive counter strike isn't about pixel count and high graphics settings. I mainly play at that resolution because at 1024x768 stretched to a 1080p monitor makes everything in game look much bigger than just playing at 1080p and I get like 300+ fps. Both of these things are pretty standard for counter strike players. I honestly know very few people who play CS at 1080p.

Sadly, the suggestions I got here don't really work... Playing in windowed mode keeps the game in the 4:3 aspect ratio without any scaling which is pretty small on a 24" monitor. Borderless just puts the game in native res. 

Thanks for the effort though. 

There could be option to use something like DisplayFusion and create virtual screen which is lower res.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv