Best Position for a Rad?

I currently have my kraken x60 at the top of my case in pull/push & was curious if It would be a better idea to place the rad in front of my case. It seems like the air that's being pulled through my rad is hot generated by the ram, but I am not totally sure on whether switching positions will improve temperatures. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I currently have my kraken x60 at the top of my case in pull/push & was curious if It would be a better idea to place the rad in front of my case. It seems like the air that's being pulled through my rad is hot generated by the ram, but I am not totally sure on whether switching positions will improve temperatures. 

Put it wherever is easier. The difference in temps between the top and front of the case is minimal.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Top of the case, I exhaust air through the top "so fans are pulling air through the rad" seems much more effective than push. At least from what I have experienced.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Top of the case, I exhaust air through the top "so fans are pulling air through the rad" seems much more effective than push. At least from what I have experienced.

We'll I have it pulling air in then pushing it out, 4 fans altogether. 

Put it wherever is easier. The difference in temps between the top and front of the case is minimal.

Good to know thanks.

next to the fan/s :)

:ph34r:  Sneaky.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

One thing to note is you can always intake through the rear/top. You can just buy a dust filter if one isn't there already. In general, the more positive the pressure in your case the better for things like dust. However, you will probably only notice minor temp differences. The air in your case isn't that much hotter than the air outside the case, and this translates to even less of a difference if you are looking at how negligible that difference in air temp will make for cooling.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

The X60 potentially has the tubing length for front mounting. So you could try it and see if the temps get much better. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.