Question about Bay-Trail SOC

After giving it some more though on my Linux Mint build I came to the idea of using the Gigabyte Bay-Trail SOC motherboard because I am not really going to do anything demanding on it other then browsing the web and maybe playing a few games. Well my question really is if it's possible to use a PCI 1x to 16X powered riser on the 1x slot on this motherboard http://bit.ly/1se4CSL so I can run a full powered GPU on it. Is the CPU even capable of doing that.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

You could just cut the back of the slot and run the card natively. It'll run like junk though.

You could just cut the back of the slot and run the card natively. It'll run like junk though.

What do you mean like junk. Is the performance bad when running in a 1x slot.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

What do you mean like junk. Is the performance bad when running in a 1x slot.

It's got extremely low bandwidth so it ha as to take more time running information to and from the card.

It's got extremely low bandwidth so it ha as to take more time running information to and from the card.

How does bitcoin mining work then because they use 1x slots all the time.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

How does bitcoin mining work then because they use 1x slots all the time.

It's not constantly sending information to and from the gpu's vram.

It's not constantly sending information to and from the gpu's vram.

Ok I thought it was something like that. It doesn't matter though because I have updated my build to something more realistic and hopefully will work better.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/181138-linux-mint-pc-build/

(\__/)

(='.'=)