GTX780 - Watch Dogs settings

peterpepo

Hello,
have somebody managed to run watchdogs without lags on gtx780 ?

I have Evga GTX780 SC ACX, running stock clocks.

First I set everything according to this - http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/watch-dogs-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide , but game was like 0,5 sec "behind the mouse". No stuttering, but lag between mouse and monitor. And in huge car-fast moving scenes, also stutter occurs.

I tried lowering textures, so it need only 2 gigs of memory, it helped a bit but again stutter in heavy graphics scenes.

Also I can't get used to car driving, controls seems "behind the mouse / keyboard".

Have someone fix for this ?

Thanks

drop frame buffering to 1, go into ini settings and remove mouse acceleration

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Just the game being shit. Don't worry about your hardware.

Just the game being shit. Don't worry about your hardware.

on a 780 i run it at ultra, textures at high at 45+ fps, lowered to actually play above 60 tho :) yes its shit optimized but its not unplayable,  no where near it

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

on a 780 i run it at ultra, textures at high at 45+ fps, lowered to actually play above 60 tho :) yes its shit optimized but its not unplayable,  no where near it

I stopped playing it before I got half-way through. Couldn't stand the frame drop BS. 

Not a terrible game, but the lack of optimization makes me rage.

I stopped playing it before I got half-way through. Couldn't stand the frame drop BS. 

Not a terrible game, but the lack of optimization makes me rage.

They have worked on it the recent updates fixed a lot of the FPS drop issues on my end but I have completed the game so it does not matter to me.

Yeah, the optimization is horrible in that game. I can run it at medium-high settings with 50 - 60 fps without too much stuttering, while on foot.

When driving any vehicle, even if I have all the settings at the lowest possible, and resolution at 720p, I have sh*tloads of stuttering.

And did I mention this is with a GTX 590? With the latest stable drivers.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I've just got it and with an R9 290 on max settings it sits at 32fps.... Just fricking ridiculous. I've turned AA down and I get 50-60 now.

Also can anyone help with TheWorse's mod? I have version 0.6 and dragged the files into the data_win64 folder, but I've seen no changes to the quality.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Borderless mode(fixed most of the stuttering for me), vsync off maybe? And if you have it on just 1 frame buffered is good enough

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Borderless mode(fixed most of the stuttering for me), vsync off maybe? And if you have it on just 1 frame buffered is good enough

What is borderless mode ?

When i started the game for first time, it runned windowed -> there was X on the upper right corner, but it was almost out of my screen - so I immediatelly pressed ALT-ENTER and the game went in fullscreen - that is borderless mode ?

watchdogs201471394314_1080x607.jpg

watchdogs20147139432.jpg

Along with this mod: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390558

I get 45-50 fps on my 780

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

Does anyone know how much does Watch Dogs use the available RAM? 4 GB should be enough, right? (my rest 4GB go for Chrome tabs (which there are >35 of them))

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Guys, how do you measure your fps ? I opened Precision X, enabled OSD, but no data are displayed.
It's working - I was able to see info in Counter Strike Source, but in watchdogs, it's simply not there.

drop frame buffering to 1, go into ini settings and remove mouse acceleration

I set frame-buffering to 1, Textures on high, everything else as in article by nvidia (1st post). Game seems very playable now, although it sometimes lags during action intensive scenes.

Does anyone know how much does Watch Dogs use the available RAM? 4 GB should be enough, right? (my rest 4GB go for Chrome tabs (which there are >35 of them))

Currently, it eats up 2130,5MB out of my 16GB memory.

Guys, how do you measure your fps ? I opened Precision X, enabled OSD, but no data are displayed.

It's working - I was able to see info in Counter Strike Source, but in watchdogs, it's simply not there.

I set frame-buffering to 1, Textures on high, everything else as in article by nvidia (1st post). Game seems very playable now, although it sometimes lags during action intensive scenes.

I use shadowplay. Open GeForce Experience and go to the Preferences tab, then Shadowplay. There's an FPS counter overlay there.

Also, did you download the mod? It greatly increases performance and gets rid of the majority of stutter.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

I modded Watch_Dogs before the patch that was supposed to fix it. Like Slick said on one of the WAN shows, it made the game not only run a but smoother, but removed the random frame drops. Though, I am not longer sure whether the mod works with the patch. Unless there is a new one that is out. If so, could someone link it and maybe I will go back to playing it again. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I use shadowplay. Open GeForce Experience and go to the Preferences tab, then Shadowplay. There's an FPS counter overlay there.

Also, did you download the mod? It greatly increases performance and gets rid of the majority of stutter.

Hello,

I've installed the mod from link, you provided - I installed 3.1 Warm -> only patch.dat, patch.fat and gamer profile. I didn't bother with SweetFX.

The game runs butter smooth, however I noticed very annoying depth of field. Have you noticed this also, or have you fixed it ? Or does SweetFX make it better ?

Look at those pictures. Object, i am aiming at is crispy clear, but surrounding is super-blured.

Also, I am unable to run Shadowplay. Ok, i can enable it, I was also enable to record some footage in counter strike source, but in watchodgs it doesnt record and it doesn't show fps at all.

post-68660-0-85021900-1405362050_thumb.j

post-68660-0-62517800-1405362119_thumb.j

post-68660-0-65465100-1405362130_thumb.j

post-68660-0-49765600-1405362303_thumb.j

The RivaTuner overlay that is included with Precision X does not support 64-bit games, yet. The guy who makes RivaTuner got paid off by MSI to only update the same overlay that comes with MSI Afterburner. Both programs are 100% identical in how they work, but one has a MSI logo on it and one has an EVGA logo on it. Specifically you will need to use the most current beta version of MSI Afterburner to get an overlay in 64-bit games. The overlay has some additional features as well like monitoring your CPU in addition to your GPU.

Per the maker of RivaTuner, he is refusing to extend the same updates to the EVGA Precision version until this coming December. He has also released a standalone version that is not tied to MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision, but it lacks 64-bit support as well.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

And THIS. Actions scenes are extremely uncomfortable, as the guy I am shooting at is crispy, but others blend with background.

post-68660-0-38046200-1405364627_thumb.j