Buying a fedora, tips for buying?

VG Docs

This is a tech forum, so everyone's gotta know stuff about hats, right?

I've never bought a hat, but I'd love a fedora. 

Any ideas on brand, or what it's made of, or the size I'd need to look for, or are they all pretty much big and the rest not mattering? I just dunno about hats.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Tip: Fedoras (which what you're probably looking at isn't actually a fedora) are pretty gay.

So this isn't a fedora?

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Alright, can you point me in the right direction of an actual Fedora?

Alright, can you point me in the right direction of an actual Fedora?

Nope, I don't know where to buy hats. You can probably go through Google but I don't know.

is this serious?

I don't see why not? It's in the off topic section, and I like fedoras. O.o

I don't see why not? It's in the off topic section, and I like fedoras. O.o

As far was we know you like a Trilby.

This is a fedora:

-32860455-ff9b-4df1-9ac4-22b17a3fbec5.jp

As far was we know you like a Trilby.

This is a fedora:

-32860455-ff9b-4df1-9ac4-22b17a3fbec5.jp

Still looks really stylish to me.

Still looks really stylish to me.

Stylish and not gay looking. That's what you should buy.

This is a tech forum, so everyone's gotta know stuff about hats, right?

I've never bought a hat, but I'd love a fedora. 

Any ideas on brand, or what it's made of, or the size I'd need to look for, or are they all pretty much big and the rest not mattering? I just dunno about hats.

Don't do it. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Stylish and not gay looking. That's what you should buy.

I think your meaning of "gay" is quite a bit off, but I guess it's all preference anyway. You still didn't answer any of my original questions. :P

I think your meaning of "gay" is quite a bit off, but I guess it's all preference anyway. You still didn't answer any of my original questions. :P

I just opened my dictionary to 'nerd' and a fedora fell out. 

(Secretly, they are awesome)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It's cheesey and everyone is trying to buy one of those.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaah, I'm not a hat person. :(

Pssh Bowler hats is where it's at

I am happy little Vegemite.

Pssh Bowler hats is where it's at

I beg to differ, a top hat is far superior

post-38950-0-64664800-1405243707.jpg

post-38950-0-64664800-1405243707.jpg

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I beg to differ, a top hat is far superior

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

NOT TALL ENOUGH!

0.jpg

muh specs 

All parts black

Get the one that tips the easiest so m'ladies can know that you're a nice guy and a true gentleman.

Get the one that tips the easiest so people can know that you're a nice guy and a gentleman.

I was actually thinking more like the 50s gangster look :P

wait. so let me just make sure I'm reading this thread correctly... You ask where to buy a hat and then are corrected in what the hat you like really is but still you want to buy the hat you you originally said regardless of the fact that it isn't even the type of hat you wanted? Sounds like you are buying a hat for a name...

I was actually thinking more like the 50s gangster look :P

well then you need a pinstripe suit, otherwise you shall just look a bit foolish. Maybe a flat cap would work well, I happen to be quite fond of mine.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

wait. so let me just make sure I'm reading this thread correctly... You ask where to buy a hat and then are corrected in what the hat you like really is but still you want to buy the hat you you originally said regardless of the fact that it isn't even the type of hat you wanted? Sounds like you are buying a hat for a name...

Nah, they're extremely similar, you gotta admit, both look very stylish in their own ways. Just be a good boy and stop overthinking about this :P