huge fps drop while recording with dxtory

raff96

hi , i have a problem with dxtoy , when i start recording i get a fps drop ( es minecraft from 300 to 7 ) , i tryed to use a external usb hd with 130MB/s writing speed but i still get 7 fps while recording , i just formatted my pc so it's not a virus or something else .

here's a video (i recorded it with my phone because i don't have any other recording sofware installed now ,sorry for the ultra shitty quality.)

what codec/settings are you using?

i'm using the dxtory video codec with medium quality and compression on , i never had problem , i was fine like 2 months ago.

Try recording to a different drive and if your frames still drop, the drive is not to blame. You could try using a different codec to record, I recommend a lagless one. Try closing down any cpu heavy apps in the background. If none of those work, just try using a different recording program, a good free one is OBS.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

Try recording to a different drive and if your frames still drop, the drive is not to blame. You could try using a different codec to record, I recommend a lagless one. Try closing down any cpu heavy apps in the background. If none of those work, just try using a different recording program, a good free one is OBS.

i already tryed to record in a external hd , and my cpu isn't even at 80% when i record, when i use fraps and i record at 30 fps i get 30 fps in the game too , even i i unselect the lock framerate option , so i don't use it .

If you're looking for an alternative codec I recommend trying out the Lagarith Lossless Codec.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

If you're looking for an alternative codec I recommend trying out the Lagarith Lossless Codec.

nope , still getting 7 fps , i tryed some other games and it doesn't do that much of frame drop , minecraft is the only one who start at 300 and goes to 7 

What are your pc specs?

Edit: just checked your profile, I'm not sure.

What are your pc specs?

Edit: just checked your profile, I'm not sure.

i updated my profile .

i installed fraps , and it  keeps the fps at 60 , so i'll use fraps for some games and dxtory for others , and the 30 fps lock on fraps dissapeared , thanks everyone for the help