Bent Fins - Very Concerned

I asked this before, but right now, I learned a little more about Ive Bridge and Haswell. Don't quote me on this but JayzTwoCents switched to Intel (a long time ago) and explained how an overclocked AMD (8350 @ 4.8 GHz) matches an Intel (3770K) at stock speeds, but when you overclock the Intel, the Intel would perform much better. This makes sense, even though its a rough calculation.

Anyways, when I was planning on my PC build, I already decided that I would overclock. Just a little, but my Corsair H60 came with around 15 bent fins on the rad. Yes, 15.

5 of them are bent quite badly, the metal curved in, blocking some airflow, and the rest just looks a little crooked. I straightened most of them out, and I'm sure Corsair has this 3 year warranty (I'll go back to my box with the warranty booklet if it's important here), and I hope I can RMA it and get a new one?

I mean, people that get their liquid cooler rads come with no defects. Mine came wasn't in its best condition. Should I send it in?

Here are the temps (quick note that idle consists of a few programs such as Steam, avast antivirus, and small background programs, this would create a realistic scenario for my temps.) CPU is 4770K (stock speeds) recorded with RealTemp.

Please tell me if I need to log them, at the moment I'll just give the numbers at 1 minute.

Idle: Core 0,1,2,3, respectively

Min: 34°C,35°C,36°C,32°C

Max: 40°C,45°C,40°C,42°C

And this is with Saint's Row The Third running for 10 minutes and GeekBench 3 32-bit testing one run (simultaneously) P.S. Oh my god this broke my heart. I almost cried.

Min: Same as idle.

Max: 79°C,78°C,70°C,68°C

As this website suggests, http://www.buildcomputers.net/cpu-temperature.html (take it with a pinch of salt)

The 4770K temps:

Idle: 34°C-39°C
Normal: 55°C-65°C
Max: 67°C

I don't know if the bent fins affect my temps this much especially now I'm worried if my attempt to straighten the fins may have damaged or just made something even worse.

Contact Corsair?

-snip-

When in doubt, RMA. I'd recommend it here. Also, it should still be inside the return period of whoever you ordered it from.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

@CowsGoRoar

15 fins is not a major concern to the "flow" the capacity of the H60 is very weak.

9660434auh.jpg

most complain that the heat is too high and the fans are noisy, buy quiet fans

(push/pull) and it is quieter but the temps are the same if not worse. the H80i

because of the thickness and push/pull deffo helps, but is not the end-all.

might see a 6-10° cooler temperatures over the H60, but at a cost. i do not

recommend single fan AIO kits.

you could RMA it, but if there bent like the ones on the upperleft of that pic ^. then thats not a problem, dont worry, it would be more of a hassle to RMA it then anything

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

@airdeano I don't mean to try to steal from Corsair or anything but I found some thread that this guy complained about how loud the fan was and Corsair sent them a H80. I could request an H80 to see if they can do that, but all I need is a H60 in its perfect condition.

All I really am concerned about is the really high temps. I want to overclock but 80C is already too high.

@CowsGoRoar

you should be concerned. that is not an acceptable cooling solution to wring

out on an overclock. i wouldn't bother corsair for my wrong choice. the bent

fins are not a player in the temperature equation. and with the TIM issues of

Haswell, there is no guarantee even the H80i would be a considerable help

as well. but good luck, hope it pans out for you.