EKWB terminology

CSQ = Circle Square (That thier blocks with lots of circles int he top)

Acetal = the black material on blocks.

Nickel = The silver colours metal (coats blocks to act as a barrier from corrosion, not that it would happen anyway in most cases.)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I am getting confused about all the different variants and names...

http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/cpu-blocks/supremacy.html

clean csq, acetal, acetal+nickel, nickel

can someone help please?

They're basically different tops and waterblock materials.

CSQ: has those circles on the top

Clean CSQ: doesn't have the circles, it's just see through

Nickel: copper block with nickel plating

Acetal + Nickel: Acetal cover, copper block with nickel plating

Acetal: Acetal cover, copper block

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

They're basically different tops and waterblock materials.

CSQ: has those circles on the top

Clean CSQ: doesn't have the circles, it's just see through

Nickel: copper block with nickel plating

Acetal + Nickel: Acetal cover, copper block with nickel plating

Acetal: Acetal cover, copper block

thanks! And to understand it correctly... All of the blocks are always made out of copper, some are just plated with nickel? (I think there is one plated with gold, or painted gold...)... does this plating reduce the heat transfer? (or is it so minor that its irrelevant)

CSQ = Circle Square (That thier blocks with lots of circles int he top)

Acetal = the black material on blocks.

Nickel = The silver colours metal (coats blocks to act as a barrier from corrosion, not that it would happen anyway in most cases.)

hehe, I googled the images on acetal and the only visuals (apart from all the chemical charts) were different water blocks... Like it is the only thing they would use it with.

hehe, I googled the images on acetal and the only visuals (apart from all the chemical charts) were different water blocks... Like it is the only thing they would use it with.

Google auto optimizes your search results for you. This would be a page for someone who wasn't browsing watercooling things in their last/current browsing session. ;) http://puu.sh/aaJbE/cf10e44b22.png

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

thanks! And to understand it correctly... All of the blocks are always made out of copper, some are just plated with nickel? (I think there is one plated with gold, or painted gold...)... does this plating reduce the heat transfer? (or is it so minor that its irrelevant)

Yep, it's just the plating that's nickel, gold or whatever other material the copper waterblock is plated with. The effect the plating have on the heat transfer is negligible. Nickel plating helps better protect the waterblock against water corrosion. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.