Laptop screws stripped from factory.

rainbrodash666

So I tore into my HP Envy 6z-1100 to clean it and change the thermal paste to nt-h1 and when I got inside two of the screws that hold down the heat sink are stripped so the screw driver can't grip them. Before this it was only opened by me to upgrade ram. So how should I go about getting these out? And the laptop is 1 month out of warranty.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.

You can always drill the screws through but then you can't put the heatsink on. Do you have a sharp blade to cut the metal to fit your screwdriver in?

You can always drill the screws through but then you can't put the heatsink on. Do you have a sharp blade to cut the metal to fit your screwdriver in?

I think I will try to cut a slot in them with a cutting wheel.

Spoiler

AMD R7 1800X, H100i GTX, AMD Radeon RED DEVIL 5700XT, ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING, 16gb DDR4 3000, 1Tb, 2 X SEAGATE 1Tb, Coolermaster V1200 Platinum, NZXT H440 red/black, STEEL SERIES AEROX 3, DUCKY X POWER COLOR RED DEVIL KEYBOARD, Microsoft xbox 360 wired controller, LG ULTRAWIDE.