Best 7870

ryujians

I was wondering what the best 7870 is that is non LE or XT just a regular 7870 I would also like to overclock it a little to so it has to have a good cooler

I would personally recommend the 7870 form xfx. And sines your planning to do some overclocking get the Dual Dissipation edition. I actually have one in my computer right now. I have had mine for about a year with no hucups along the way. Hope this helped. :)

Finding the one with the highesst clock is usually your best choice if you want the best 7870

I was mainly looking for the one with the best cooler

I was mainly looking for the one with the best cooler

Asus

gigabyte, hands down. factory OC'ed to 1100 mhz, I got mine to 1250 w/o voltage bump. I think I won the silicon lottery big time, but the cooler keeps it under 70 degrees. it's as good as water cooling (if a bit louder) at stock it stays under 55 degrees (with an aggressive fan curve)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

have a club 3d 7870 reference 

qatercooled ek 7870 nickel with backplate its great 

Asus

stupid price

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Look at these three. They are all good cards and are cheaper then some others.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards/AMD+Radeon/Radeon+HD+7870+Tahiti+LE/?p=cF9zdHlsZT0mcF9wcm9kdWN0c1BlclBhZ2U9Jg==

GET AN XT(le) edition trust me it will make a difference.

Uses the gpu in the 7950 but isnt strong enough to be a 7950.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i trust Asus's DCU2 models gpu's... actually i refuse to use anything other than them... unless im liquid cooling then i get the cheapest possible model i can get my hands on so i dont waste money

Character artist in the Games industry.

Club3D? XFX? Who would recommend these when OP clearly specified the desire for good cooling? 

Depends on the specific card and cooling more than the manufacturer though. Here's the two I'd consider (assuming US residency) at the moment: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/his-video-card-h787f2g2m & http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-video-card-gvr787oc2gd

My setup used to be linked here but links aren't allowed so... it shall remain a mystery!

HIS? I'd put that cooler in the bin with the club3d and XFX.

asus and sapphire are good. gigabyte is best. 

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

HIS? I'd put that cooler in the bin with the club3d and XFX.

asus and sapphire are good. gigabyte is best. 

gigabite is not the best

disagree. I run my 7870 at 1250 mhz with a voltage of 1.32 and I run at 65-67 degrees centigrade. I don't see an asus card doing that.

Daily Driver:

I've got a Gigabyte 7870 2GB myself, but I got it before the Tahiti-LE came out. I can't think of anything that has a better price:performance than a tahiti right now.