Satrting WoW again, class help please!

Donimater2

So me ad a few friends are going to start playing and as a few of them are new were all going to just start from scratch, i used to play quite a lot and i think are main activity will be a lot of PVE.

Just wondering what class i should do that has really nice gear that looks super sexy and one that doesn't ever get boring.

Thanks

All classes get boring after a while. WoW is super watered down from Vanilla.

I play a rogue and it's fun with PvP. Your best bet is to pick Pally because it can play all three roles (tank/heals/dps).

As for the looks you can make them look whatever you want with the transmog system.

I play a rogue and it's fun with PvP. Your best bet is to pick Pally because it can play all three roles (tank/heals/dps).

As for the looks you can make them look whatever you want with the transmog system.

I kinda would like to use a class that can do everything so the new players don't die every second,

I was thinking about druid but i really wish they made armor work when they are in different forms.

Paladin is very viable.

I'd wait for Warlords to launch if you can. No way of knowing the status of the different classes until end game PvP and raiding starts again. Maybe spend a little time on 2 or 3 classes that you think you may like, but don't dedicate time to making one your main character until more information is known about end game gameplay. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Gather yourself and your friends and run Player vs Exercise.

Gather yourself and your friends and run Player vs Exercise.

Wow, seriously? troll

I'd wait for Warlords to launch if you can. No way of knowing the status of the different classes until end game PvP and raiding starts again. Maybe spend a little time on 2 or 3 classes that you think you may like, but don't dedicate time to making one your main character until more information is known about end game gameplay. 

Hmm but were planning on hitting max level over the summer so this doesn't really apply :)

I think i might go with druid or paly just because there really balanced classes

Wow seriously? You don't even want to give me a couple push-ups? You will become a better gamer. Thank me later.

Wow seriously? You don't even want to give me a couple push-ups? You will become a better gamer. Thank me later.

LOL

So me ad a few friends are going to start playing and as a few of them are new were all going to just start from scratch, i used to play quite a lot and i think are main activity will be a lot of PVE.

Just wondering what class i should do that has really nice gear that looks super sexy and one that doesn't ever get boring.

Thanks

Lvl a pally to 55, try a DK, if you like neither, lvl a warlock. If you want to pvp, Hunter or rogue

ive been playing as a warrior for a couple of weeks, and im level 46, im really enjoying it so far

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

If you haven't played MoP before, try a monk. They are versatile as you can tank, dps and heal. 

Potato

If you haven't played MoP before, try a monk. They are versatile as you can tank, dps and heal. 

Mistweaver is good, brewmaster is meh and windwalker is clunky. Paladin would be a better choice

ive been playing as a warrior for a couple of weeks, and im level 46, im really enjoying it so far

46-90 can be a really big difference. (i have a 90 warrior fyi) Warrior is not what it used to be. It's like, only slam when you max rage, when colossus smash is up, slam spam, rinse and repeat. A warrior to me should be constant and brutal, none of this spend a few secs doing everything bs

46-90 can be a really big difference. (i have a 90 warrior fyi) Warrior is not what it used to be. It's like, only slam when you max rage, when colossus smash is up, slam spam, rinse and repeat. A warrior to me should be constant and brutal, none of this spend a few secs doing everything bs

im only doing wotlk, so i can only get up to level 80, but of course its a massive difference, just like level 1-20 is a major difference

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Go for either a tank class or a healer.. The waiting time for dungeons is retarded otherwise

And if you plan on doing any arena play later i'd suggest a monk or a pally

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

im only doing wotlk, so i can only get up to level 80, but of course its a massive difference, just like level 1-20 is a major difference

Ya. I'd recommend dk or a pala if you enjoy warrior, because you will enjoy them even more

Ya. I'd recommend dk, or a pala if you enjoy warrior, because you will enjoy them even more

so, when i reach level 55, DK is more fun than warrior?

Go for either a tank class or a healer.. The waiting time for dungeons is retarded otherwise

And if you plan on doing any arena play later i'd suggest a monk or a pally

questing man. dungeons are boring and the ques take so long, even for my healer. granted i am on an oceanic server (frostmourne) but the wait times take sooo long its quicker to spend the time, enjoy the different stories, like harrison jones' for example, and quest.

so, when i reach level 55, DK is more fun than warrior?

Def, unholy is involved, frost is easy but fun and blood is downright op AND fun. For questing i recommend frost in blood presence, for the dps to do stuff but the survivability to spend long times questing without a break, if you use frost or unholy presence you will find you get low on health alot and may need to use death siphon slot.

My brother and I were going to level up to 95 so he sent me a refer-a-friend and when you play with that person you level ridiculously fast to 90 then the multiplier ends.

I don't know about that. I tanked on a warrior in vanilla. Want to know what my optimal threat rotation was (since threat was all that mattered)?

Pressing sunder armor. That was it. I also used revenge because I was bored, but yeah...Vanilla raiding was cakewalk. The hard part was getting 40 people not to fight over loot, farming the resist gear. I once stuck a screwdriver in between my keyboard keys and it sundered the boss while I was afk. The fight required no movement That screwdriver held threat like a champ. 

Shamans pressed chain heal due to a set piece and dropped a totem. They weren't allowed to dps. Windfury or the threat totem.

Mages pressed frostbolt and arcane power when it was up and blizzard on aoe pulls. Fire Mages were not invited since mobs were fire resistant in the raids for a long while. Outside their one button rotation depending on fight, they also pressed a decurse mod button on some fights. Literally all they did. The mod auto targeted raid members. 

Rogues actually got to press a few buttons. Yeah for them. We stacked the hell out of rogues/mages. They were stupidly better than other DPS classes on dmg or threat.

Hunters were like one more button then mages.

Druids healed or weren't invited.

Pallys healed or weren't invited.

Edit. I forgot Warlocks. They sucked balls compared to mages for a long time, but they were required to CC on some fights. Tables turned in Burning Crusade. Warlocks were gods at raiding. Wotlk onward they have both been at or near the top most of the time.

DPS warriors were actually fun, but fury sucked for a long time and 2 hander slam with quartz swing timer was the way to go. Problem? I had to tank, cus there were no tanks except warriors worth a darn. I got to dps a few times and it was fun ripping aggro off the tank. I made our off tanks night a living hell. :) People thought mages and rogues were OP in vanilla in PvP. They were good and I played both as alts, but they had nothing on a warrior getting windfury. Sweeping strike execute was the funniest thing I have ever seen in a game. Nothing like blowing up someone you weren't even targeting.

That sums up WoW Vanilla raiding and PvP. Now I do miss playing my warrior in those days. Most OP class in any game I have ever played...once they got gear. Everyone thought they sucked, but they were just super gear reliant. Once you got a good 2 hander? GG. The newness of Vanilla was awesome. The progression was neat in PvE (resist for raids). The lore was cool. Exploration was cool. World PvP actually existed. The difficulty though or skill cap that is remembered through rose tinted glasses didn't exist though.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

U wot m8. 1-3 button rotations with bosses that had 2 mechanics were super hard. Bosses like Paragons of the Klaxxi that have over 30 different abilities definitely seem much more watered down when compared to Vanilla's extremely complex boss mechanics. /s

OT: Choose any class you want really. I've mained an unholy DK since wrath but I've been having a lot of fun with my ret pally and BM monk recently. It's 100% personal preference.

Pallys healed or weren't invited.

Ret was viable in Naxx. But yea, before then it was holy or GTFO.