About Slick's programming...

SerMejong

What is Slick's forte in programming? Web programming? Like XML, scripting, PHP, etc?

I7-2600k (back to stock lol) + Noctua NH-D14 | Asus GTX 560 DC | Asus P8Z68 V/GEN3 | G.Skill RipjawsX 1333 Mhz 2x4 GB

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer | ThermalTake ToughPower Grand 750W | LG IPS237L | Razer BlackWidow 2013 | Razer Electra

[WD Caviar Blue 500 GB | Hitachi 260 GB | Seagate 120 GB | Toshiba 300 GB] <Generic mousepad & a wireless Logitech mouse T_T>

It might be best to summon him.

I CALL UPON THE ALMIGHTY @Slick

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

@Slick !

He's probably just fluent in Lua or some crap  B)

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

What is Slick's forte in programming? Web programming? Like XML, scripting, PHP, etc?

I think web programming. There was a WAN show once where Linus mentioned you could fully edit the HTML of a SquareSpace site, and LUKE (he prefers Luke to Slick) said he thought that was "really cool," or something along those lines.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

@Slick !

He's probably just fluent in Lua or some crap  B)

I'm fluent in HTML & BB Code. 

... it's something. Right? /joke

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yeah I think he knows all that I mentioned. LUA is used for game clients right?
But it might be the best if he answers this on his free seconds. LOL

I7-2600k (back to stock lol) + Noctua NH-D14 | Asus GTX 560 DC | Asus P8Z68 V/GEN3 | G.Skill RipjawsX 1333 Mhz 2x4 GB

CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer | ThermalTake ToughPower Grand 750W | LG IPS237L | Razer BlackWidow 2013 | Razer Electra

[WD Caviar Blue 500 GB | Hitachi 260 GB | Seagate 120 GB | Toshiba 300 GB] <Generic mousepad & a wireless Logitech mouse T_T>

I'm fluent in HTML & BB Code. 

... it's something. Right? /joke

Probably the most useful asset you could have in a workplace environment, really. /halfjoke

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

My strongest have always been C++ and C that being said I havent coded anything heavy in a loooooooooooooooooong time and I'm terrible now (wasn't all that amazing before either)

I have a "working" ability with many languages that allows me to manipulate code to do slightly different things which is usually all I really want for stuff like web programming anyways... Other than that I haven't maintained my coding ability in any particular language to be honest - outside of that I have Catman and Mr.Wizard who are both extremely good at what they do

My strongest have always been C++ and C that being said I havent coded anything heavy in a loooooooooooooooooong time and I'm terrible now (wasn't all that amazing before either)

I have a "working" ability with many languages that allows me to manipulate code to do slightly different things which is usually all I really want for stuff like web programming anyways... Other than that I haven't maintained my coding ability in any particular language to be honest - outside of that I have Catman and Mr.Wizard who are both extremely good at what they do

This is falling to pieces man!  You can't admit stuff like that...

You can't code anymore, you use company property for lan parties with friends, and your case has cable management from hell........What if linus read this!?

:P

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Well C and C++ is harder than the things I mentioned. What "working" ability? Like when you code it just works? LOL.

Catman did the front page right? and Mr. Wizard is the forum/server host guy/legend.. 

Off topic in off topic. -- You were scary when you reached the foot of the mountain where Linus was waiting in the car. The moment when you remove the bag from your chest! You were so pissed off haha! 6'3" of PURE MUSCLES! --

*slick replied to my question, DERP MODE lelelelelelelelelelelel*

I humbly beseach thee, pray-tell, what degree did you get at school?

I'm about to start tech school and I havent really decided on a specific program.

If possible, does anyone know what degree program Linus went through as well? I would attempt to summon him, but I would be unworthy of such a feat.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I think Slick finished Computer Science?

How can someone's forte be XML? It's a markup language

Do you prefer one to the other?

How can someone's forte be XML? It's a markup language

Do you prefer one to the other?

Oh I said XML in reference of web programming. My bad, I did not make it clear.

Oh I said XML in reference of web programming. My bad, I did not make it clear.

Doesn't most advanced web programming involve using something like Java, C# or PHP though?

@Slick

Perhaps you may enjoy joining us on our weekly problem solving exercises over in the Programming & Software Design section? :)

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Doesn't most advanced web programming involve using something like Java, C# or PHP though?

some form of script, Php, and the mark up languages. C# maybe for back end.