1 D5 enough for my loop?

Hey guys

I'm doing an extreme water cooled build in the Phanteks enthoo primo and I'm planning to have an XSPC RX 360mm, an Alphacool ST30 480mm, an XSPC EX 240mm, two gpu blocks and a cpu block. I need to know if a D5 pump will provide enough flow for all these parts. The GPU's will be run in parallel to help with flow but is it enough because if it isn't I will add another pump but i don't want to if it's not necessary.

Thanks guys

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

It will be fine, the D5 is a very strong industrial pump, should handle all this components. If you are concerned about pump redundancy (in case one fails) or might be using restrictive fittings (silver bullets for example) and blocks (memory blocks and mobo blocks), an extra pump might not be that crazy. 

I'm using a D5 vario in my Enthoo Primo build (See my Sig below) and it works just fine on it's lowest setting. If you're using rigid tubing (which is usually narrower) or narrow tubing, I'd be tempted to turn it up to it's 2 or 3 speed setting. The only reason you'd need more than one is for redundancy. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

It will be fine, the D5 is a very strong industrial pump, should handle all this components. If you are concerned about pump redundancy (in case one fails) or might be using restrictive fittings (silver bullets for example) and blocks (memory blocks and mobo blocks), an extra pump might not be that crazy. 

Well I don't have RAM blocks or mobo blocks or anything that is just purely for aesthetics so I should be good. Flow rates don't affect temps that much right, cause I heard some watercoolers say it doesn't matter too much but I want to make sure.

[ Rig: CPU: 4930K, GPU: EVGA 780TI SC x2, RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Mobo: ASUS P9 X79 LE, Storage: 120GB Samsung EVO + 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU: Corsair RM1000 ]

Well I don't have RAM blocks or mobo blocks or anything that is just purely for aesthetics so I should be good. Flow rates don't affect temps that much right, cause I heard some watercoolers say it doesn't matter too much but I want to make sure.

Yeah, it's pumps are overkill 95% of the times. Pump speeds don't affect temperatures on a noticeable way, adding another pump to this loop won't make a difference over 2°C

I'm using a D5 vario in my Enthoo Primo build (See my Sig below) and it works just fine on it's lowest setting. If you're using rigid tubing (which is usually narrower) or narrow tubing, I'd be tempted to turn it up to it's 2 or 3 speed setting. The only reason you'd need more than one is for redundancy. 

Well I'm using 1/2 in tubing and from the looks of things 1 D5 should be plenty considering you have two 480 rads. Well then look out for my build that I will post here in a couple of days and thanks for your help  :)

Yeah, it's pumps are overkill 95% of the times. Pump speeds don't affect temperatures on a noticeable way, adding another pump to this loop won't make a difference over 2°C

2°C is nothing, I probably won't even notice it because I have so much rad space anyway lol.

2°C is nothing, I probably won't even notice it because I have so much rad space anyway lol.

Exactly haha. you could probably get very low rpm fans and still have every component running near ambient temps :P

Exactly haha. you could probably get very low rpm fans and still have every component running near ambient temps :P

Yeah I'm planning to run the fans at 400RPM at idle and set the fan curve up to 800RPM at load or whatever gives the best noise/temperature ratio  :)

Yeah I'm planning to run the fans at 400RPM at idle and set the fan curve up to 800RPM at load or whatever gives the best noise/temperature ratio  :)

Looks like the only thing you are going to be listening is the keyboard when you type

Looks like the only thing you are going to be listening is the keyboard when you type

Yeah my mechanical keyboard definitely makes a nice click :). If I can pull this build off, it will be major milestone for me as I'm only 15 so I hope it goes well. Will probs do a build log here as well. 

Yeah my mechanical keyboard definitely makes a nice click :). If I can pull this build off, it will be major milestone for me as I'm only 15 so I hope it goes well. Will probs do a build log here as well. 

It's a user duty to give back to the community with some hardware p0rn pics! haha

It's a user duty to give back to the community with some hardware p0rn pics! haha

Well there's plenty of "that" for all of you wonderful people here on LTT  ;)