VCE for AMD AND the Gaming Evolved APP lets you record in the loop continuously and then save on the fly with hotkeys.
I have seen some performance gain, it would be nice to for people to confirm this.
Works with GCN cards. I'm 7850 + i3 2120 so anyone else out there lemme know what gains / losses you see.
A bit finnicky.

- Video explaining a bit more in depth on how to use it and stuff. It's kind of obvious for this forum though.

(If I messed something up in the video please lemme know in the comments or in a post. I'm not the smartest person out there BY FAR :P )

What is VCE?

Gaming Evolved for Replay Recording:

Codec download:

Dxtory:

OBS Fork:

I searched for AMD VCE. The articles were old and didn't really mention gaming evolved so...

Edit:

What happens when you try to use it WITHOUT a compatible card!

DxpoFhG.jpg

Credit to Joao for that link (friend with shitty PC, and shitty friend that's a total piece of garbage)

*Nvidia software dev's* THEY'VE FOUND OUT OUR SECRET, QUICK, CHANGE THE NAME TO "NVIDIA EXCLUSIVE SHADOWPLAY, AMD GET YOUR GRUBBY HANDS OFF OF IT"

But in all honesty, this seems pretty cool, and It is definitely a game changer for some people who want the NVIDIA features, but cant affrd to spend that much.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Why have OBS on the list? For the non-Intel scrubs? :P

QuickSync ftw.

i would agree with you if i was able to enable my igpu :-( 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Why have OBS on the list? For the non-Intel scrubs? :P

QuickSync ftw.

Quicksink is for skrubs.

Real men harness the power of their Core 2 Duo

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

What happens when you try to use it WITHOUT a compatible card!

DxpoFhG.jpg

Credit to Joao for that link (friend with shitty PC)

- Overall I'm enjoying the benefit of it while playing smite. I got some really nice clips with ISIS where I caused a decide by killing EVERYONE! Mwahahah. Just gotta convert it though.

Latest MSI Afterburner support VCE too i think. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Quicksink is for skrubs.

All hail the duel core18eaa8e73a549acab40181b305fecd65a31de2f2

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Latest MSI Afterburner support VCE too i think. 

Ballin. Any recording software that supports choosing your own encoder works. 

Anyone feel like posting results they're getting in FPS loss differences? I'll work on mine t'morrow I'm getting tired xD

Quicksink is for skrubs.

Hey, I can record at a 320k bit rate @ 60 fps so I'm happy.. :D

Ballin. Any recording software that supports choosing your own encoder works. 

Anyone feel like posting results they're getting in FPS loss differences? I'll work on mine t'morrow I'm getting tired xD

I mean not using OpenEncodeVFW. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I cant find the list of supported Graphics cards...

Help?

http://developer.amd.com/community/blog/2014/02/19/introducing-video-coding-engine-vce/

Scroll down a bit.

http://prntscr.com/41j27m

If you've got a 7770+ you should be fine. I think 7750 is GCN too but I can't be sure. Either way just download the AMD Gaming Evolved software and it'll let you/not let you use the recording feature accordingly.

I mean not using OpenEncodeVFW. 

Oh so they're offering support of their own? Sweet, I might have to check this out.

I see it does and puts it in an h.264 thing. Very sweet, I wonder how it compares to openencodevfw, mostly because it's probably more refined. I think I might test that too.

SHITE, sorry for the double post. I thought Acid's post came after my last one. Oh well =/

Edit: I'm going to see how the performance hit of AMDGE's replay feature compares to consistent recording as well.

I thought everybody knew about this, guess I was wrong... I've been using dxtory and openencodevfw for a while now and it's awesome. I can record like hour long gameplays and theres zero performance hits and its not a large file size.

Also to add: 

While using the dxtory method, the file cannot be imported to any video editing program. It's best to use a transcoder like handbrake to fix that.

"With every meeting, comes a parting. However, not every parting has to last forever."

Im going to try this some time today.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I thought everybody knew about this, guess I was wrong... I've been using dxtory and openencodevfw for a while now and it's awesome. I can record like hour long gameplays and theres zero performance hits and its not a large file size.

Also to add: 

While using the dxtory method, the file cannot be imported to any video editing program. It's best to use a transcoder like handbrake to fix that.

It's not really well advertised. Most people consider AMD's gaming evolved raptr skin pretty much useless bloatware devoid of any actual benefit in terms of performance. Not to mention most people on the internet still think FRAPS is a good recording software...

I mentioned that in the video (about the having to convert the files before you can use them)

This german post claims that VCE eats 1/3-1/4th of the FPS of the game while shadowplay only eats 5%? I don't think that's entirely accurate but it's hard to determine because I don't own an nvidia card.

Well I do... but it's a 7600gt (I think) that has a dead fan so... xD

http://www.golem.de/news/msi-afterburner-spielevideos-mit-radeon-grafikkarten-aufzeichnen-1405-106697.html

Not to mention all the variables we would have to account for cross-brand. Oh well, either way I'm enjoying whatever benefit this grants me xD

Mine works fine, i tried out yesterday

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It works great, really handy to have going silently in the background and when i randomly blow up a Jet  in BF4 just press one key and it records my last 30 seconds which is great! =) 

Project: Rock Lobster = Completed Click for Build Log 
INTEL CORE I7 4790K @4.6ghz | 2 x Windforce R9 290's CF | CORSAIR H110i |Samsung EVO 500GB SSD, Sandisk 128GB SSD| WD 3TB Green, Seagate 2TB |

|Asus Maximus 7 Ranger  | Windows 7 | Corsair 450D Case |

It works great, really handy to have going silently in the background and when i randomly blow up a Jet  in BF4 just press one key and it records my last 30 seconds which is great! =) 

Exactly what I use it for xD

I really need sleep now, but I can't un-glue my eyes from the computer. My trusty hammer always helps with that.

I'll post some benchmarks t'morrow.

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

This isn't a review of VCE.

A lot of people (not necessarily on this community but elsewhere as well) didn't know about VCE, so it's to spread the word as well as being a - how to use it / what it is / how it works- type of deal. If a mod deems it appropriate to move it somewhere that's their decision.

Mostly I'm just trying to spread information about VCE because I think it's cool that now we have something like shadowplay on the AMD side to make recording easier and less intrusive. 

However thank you for your concern. 

DVR game detection is still pretty weak, didn't work no some of my games, not to mention you can't use it on game outside of Raptr game list. John Mautari told me they working on it right now though.

DVR game detection is still pretty weak, didn't work no some of my games, not to mention you can't use it on game outside of Raptr game list. John Mautari told me they working on it right now though.

Yeah. There's some hotfixes for certain games like BF4 as is mentioned in the video.(32 bit mode, no mantle, no ingame origin overlay) but It's still in infancy (much like mantle) and I hope to (and expect to) see it improve quickly and soon. Mostly because I can't wait to record and upload more because performance hits were really a drag and it's more of an incentive to play and upload games now.

IINM, last update enabled 64bit support for BF4. I haven't try it though.