Recalling All Deathadder 2013 Users!

Arshdeep

Hi!

Do any of of you deathadders 2013 users have any complaints? e.g. DOA, sweaty, clammy, uncomfortable, lift off distance, RMA and problems, what is your sitivation with it? Do you love it?

Please leave your replies! ;-)

hqdefault.jpg

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

only complaint is my pinky is sometimes uncomfortable

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

I do not recommend eating it unless you want a salty flavor. 

I have a friend which owns one, and has said he has gone through like 2 now, and mostly because his cord has broken, he isn't amazing with taking care of devices, but It might be half him half flimsiness of razer.

Diamond 5 in League :)

only complaint is my pinky is sometimes uncomfortable

Yeah, most mice have smaller right side rests. Func mice have it huge ring finger rests!

I do not recommend eating it unless you want a salty flavor. 

I have a friend which owns one, and has said he has gone through like 2 now, and mostly because his cord has broken, he isn't amazing with taking care of devices, but It might be half him half flimsiness of razer.

From what I hear, they break in a year, and people just replace them. It seems the mouse series is too good to replace! 

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

wel i ahve had it for jsut over 6 months and had no issues, but i have heard people get issues at about 9 months and i ahve takne great card of this mouse so i hope i have no problems

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

It's Razer, their products are designed to break just outside warranty, it's a typical money printing method for companies with far too much brand loyalty.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I had two deathadders, one was the pre-2013 model, one was 2013. Both thumb buttons broke in just a matter of months on both of them. I believe the scroll wheel broke on one of them as well. I really liked how they performed, but the build quality is very mediocre, will not be buying another razor mouse.

It's Razer, their products are designed to break just outside warranty, it's a typical money printing method for companies with far too much brand loyalty.

Been using mine for nearly two years now. Not sure what you're talking about, works way better than my two year old Logitech mice do.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

My Deathadder 2013 has started rapidly dying lately.

One of the macro buttons randomly died on me a few weeks ago, then came back to life but hasn't felt

quite the same since. (Mushy feeling, occasionally not detecting clicks) The left mouse button has

started to have an annoying issue too where one click registers as multiple. Lastly, the sensor seems

to be having some issues too - every now and again it will fail to detect movement, even very obvious

ones.

Hopefully, I will get it either repaired or replaced by Razer as it should still be under warranty. Failing

that though I will probably try to get a refund from the store I bought it from at this point.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Been using mine for nearly two years now. Not sure what you're talking about, works way better than my two year old Logitech mice do.

It's not something your one case can disprove. It's pretty well known that Razer's products, with a few exceptions, are of consistently lower build quality than competitors.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I don't have the 2013, but I have an original 3500dpi Deathadder and it's lasted just fine for the last 4 years, maybe the newer ones aren't made the same anymore. :/ 
Ergonomically they're pretty much the same, I love the hairpin like buttons, plus the two extra buttons on the side. My only complaint would be that only one of the side buttons can be reached without shifting your entire hand.
I love the Deathadder, it's a great mouse in my opinion. (Just as long as it doesn't fall apart)

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

It's not something your one case can disprove. It's pretty well known that Razer's products, with a few exceptions, are of consistently lower build quality than competitors.

I've had a working blackwidow for years I also bought a deathadder close to release and it has worked flawlessly since. Bought it because of the flawless sensor that is so rare nowadays. 

I certainly would not buy much else from Razer, but the build quality is fine. 

That is a user problem lmao

Yes, bu the user can swap it out for a rubberized mouse. Rubberized material or painted coat seem to never work for me.  :(

Razer is the second largest distributor form china 

Pot Luck. Either you have a good mouse, or you break it  ;)

My Deathadder 2013 has started rapidly dying lately.

One of the macro buttons randomly died on me a few weeks ago, then came back to life but hasn't felt

quite the same since. (Mushy feeling, occasionally not detecting clicks) The left mouse button has

started to have an annoying issue too where one click registers as multiple. Lastly, the sensor seems

to be having some issues too - every now and again it will fail to detect movement, even very obvious

ones.

Hopefully, I will get it either repaired or replaced by Razer as it should still be under warranty. Failing

that though I will probably try to get a refund from the store I bought it from at this point.

I have heard of people just re-buying it. I have ordered it. I owned it before, ended up returning it. If it helps with my sweaty clawed palm, than I'll keep it. 

Deathadder is plastic. But that may have been a contributor to the golden 105 gram weight. 

I don't have the 2013, but I have an original 3500dpi Deathadder and it's lasted just fine for the last 4 years, maybe the newer ones aren't made the same anymore. :/ 

Ergonomically they're pretty much the same, I love the hairpin like buttons, plus the two extra buttons on the side. My only complaint would be that only one of the side buttons can be reached without shifting your entire hand.

I love the Deathadder, it's a great mouse in my opinion. (Just as long as it doesn't fall apart)

Yeah, people still buy new ones when their older pair break. 

got use too it

Rubber sides and top are useless for sweat and grip. OH  Razer!!

Thanks for the reply guys!\

It seems the mouse is great for how long it lasts. I will give it another try.

Anyone have trouble with the lift off distance?

mine is a year and a half old only issue is that double clicking problem of the left click button. i just opened my mouse then put some contact cleaner on the omron switch that had the problem then problem solve good as new

My Rig:

CPU: Intel i5 3470 | MB: Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP | RAM: GSkill Ripjawx 8gb DDR3 1600 | VGA: Gigabyte GTX560 OC | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb, 2X Intel 330 60gb | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750gb | CASE: Modded NZXT Souce 220 | Cooling: Deepcool Iceblade Pro | PSU: Seasonic M12II 520w | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 | Mousepad: Razer Vespula | Monitor: Dell E2314H

Is it? The DeathAdder 2013 is also the highest rated on Amazon.

I mean honestly, what's wrong with their build quality? I've used many of their products and have used the ones my friends own as well. My BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate did have one issue though. I tried to mod a switch and broke the switch. No problem, just yanked out the switch's internals and replaced them.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Mine was good until I spilled an entire cup of coffee on it

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

Is it? The DeathAdder 2013 is also the highest rated on Amazon.

I mean honestly, what's wrong with their build quality? I've used many of their products and have used the ones my friends own as well. My BlackWidow 2013 Ultimate did have one issue though. I tried to mod a switch and broke the switch. No problem, just yanked out the switch's internals and replaced them.

Buttons getting stuck/ losing their spring action is the most typical, followed by wearaway of the coating. Next up is sensor getting crooked/ lifted inside the casing, followed by the sensor being out of tolerance (too high) from factory as well as the scroll wheel skipping steps or getting semi-stuck. Then there's the cord fastening splitting, and finally (as far as I'm aware) the plastic itself cracking.

What is 'wrong' with their build quality is too loose tolerances in their QA and generally shoddy materials, especially the coating is rubbish.

Let me add that none of this would be a problem if they priced their products properly. But they don't.

Buttons getting stuck/ losing their spring action is the most typical, followed by wearaway of the coating. Next up is sensor getting crooked/ lifted inside the casing, followed by the sensor being out of tolerance (too high) from factory as well as the scroll wheel skipping steps or getting semi-stuck. Then there's the cord fastening splitting, and finally (as far as I'm aware) the plastic itself cracking.

What is 'wrong' with their build quality is too loose tolerances in their QA and generally shoddy materials, especially the coating is rubbish.

Let me add that none of this would be a problem if they priced their products properly. But they don't.

I thought they'd gotten better in recent years. The DeathAdder 2013 is only $49.99 these days. That's a pretty good deal, when you realize it's considered the best competitive FPS mouse out there.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

why would a company make a product that would break within warranty, that just makes no sense.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

why would a company make a product that would break within warranty, that just makes no sense.

Uh... Read it again...? Slowly this time? :P

Uh... Read it again...? Slowly this time? :P

Don't worry I'm just talking shit.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.