CHC Cheap Headphones - Amazon.com

prolemur

I hear the SIlverados are decent, but be warned they're notorious for having practically zero support.

Error: 410

Shiver me timbers the $20 ones have a higher RRP than the $50 ones.

I hear the SIlverados are decent, but be warned they're notorious for having practically zero support.

they also cost close to zero dollars, (are they a company who normally sell their whole range at discount from an inflated RRP or are these just genuinely theft?)

Shiver me timbers the $20 ones have a higher RRP than the $50 ones.

we both know Amazon pulls these numbers out of their ass.

they also cost close to zero dollars, (are they a company who normally sell their whole range at discount from an inflated RRP or are these just genuinely theft?)

well, by no means are they bad, they're great for what they cost. I'd just be cautious of gambling on it if these happen to break on the 31st day of owning them, Amazon won't take them, and you can never contact CHC.

we both know Amazon pulls these numbers out of their ass.

well, by no means are they bad, they're great for what they cost. I'd just be cautious of gambling on it if these happen to break on the 31st day of owning them, Amazon won't take them, and you can never contact CHC.

Gah, I still haven't bought new headphones, I was meaning to buy those beyerdynamic ones I got recommended in the thread I made but I got hung up on choosing a DAC/amp.

*Thread hijack one niner you're cleared for landing*

what is the lowdown on this? I saw slick holding one in his stream the other day but he didn't say anything about it really.

Gah, I still haven't bought new headphones, I was meaning to buy those beyerdynamic ones I got recommended in the thread I made but I got hung up on choosing a DAC/amp.

*Thread hijack one niner you're cleared for landing*

what is the lowdown on this? I saw slick holding one in his stream the other day but he didn't say anything about it really.

well if it costs too much you don't really need that amp.

Well this Denon seperate I have has a headphone amp inside (idk the specs but i can hear it click to switch over to it when you put headphone in) I suppose I could just try buying cans alone first, plugging them into the jack on that and seeing what goes down.

only thing is my PC's onboard is the source, perhaps I should use a DAC and then feed my denon amp with it?

Yea, the receiver amp would most likely suffice. I would go with an amp. I have a Yamaha receiver I use for my stereo and headphones running from the line out on my E10, works fine.

Question about usb dacs, is there latency? if i'm gaming am I going to have the audio lagging behind a bit in translation?

There should be a little bit, but it's not perceivable for me.

Well this Denon seperate I have has a headphone amp inside (idk the specs but i can hear it click to switch over to it when you put headphone in) I suppose I could just try buying cans alone first, plugging them into the jack on that and seeing what goes down.

only thing is my PC's onboard is the source, perhaps I should use a DAC and then feed my denon amp with it?

Support on headphones doesn't seem like that big of an issue, what could you need help with. The only question I've ever had is does it matter what connector I put in what can, and yes is does.

They are built pretty well too so breaking them would be pretty hard.

Yea, the receiver amp would most likely suffice. I would go with an amp. I have a Yamaha receiver I use for my stereo and headphones running from the line out on my E10, works fine.

Question about usb dacs, is there latency? if i'm gaming am I going to have the audio lagging behind a bit in translation?

I have the on ear ones. They sound decent but hurt my ears after about an hour or two. The over ears are probably way better. Def worth 50 dollars for sure. 

I've tried the Silverados and while they are definitely not worth $200 imo, $50 for them is pretty much a steal. The fantastic build quality with all that metal will make it last pretty much forever as long as you don't abuse it too much. 

Ya amazon doens't really know how to get the msrp of products and just wants it to sound like a better deal saying its 94% off.

I've tried the Silverados and while they are definitely not worth $200 imo, $50 for them is pretty much a steal. The fantastic build quality with all that metal will make it last pretty much forever as long as you don't abuse it too much. 

Ya, probably not $200. I got mine for $70 and that price is worth it.