MSI GTX 780 lightning LN2 bios

Freaky_spider
Go to solution Solved by The_Strict_Nein,

If not, I'm sure the unlocked BIOS is available somewhere online (Ask the HWBot forums, probably) and you should be able to flash it on

So i bought a gtx 780 lightning a few minutes ago.

But i remember that nvidia didnt like the LN2 bios... 

So my question is, does the LN2 bios still have the unlimited TDP and 300% power limit? i cant seem to find an answer about this...

Also, looks like it wont fit in a 250D without some modding? but ive seen bigger cards then the lightning in a 250D, so i guess that will work (?)

edit: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=13901&d=1392770503

demonstrates that it will fit, tri-x is 300 + mm long, and a lightning is 295mm, 

thats one question answered, but cant seem to find a solid answer on the LN2 bios... 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

If not, I'm sure the unlocked BIOS is available somewhere online (Ask the HWBot forums, probably) and you should be able to flash it on

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Last time i heard they nerfed the ln2 bios, you will need to download the original bios from like overclockers.net forum thread or something and flash it to your ln2 bios chip on the 780. Not as difficult as it sounds.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Thanks, yea, and it has like 3 bios' , so even if i brick one, it wont be that big of a problem (i hope at least)

Last time i heard they nerfed the ln2 bios, you will need to download the original bios from like overclockers.net forum thread or something and flash it to your ln2 bios chip on the 780. Not as difficult as it sounds.

Ill have to look into it

Thanks for fast replies, could seem to find a solid answer

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Skyn3t bios. Check out the Lightning owners club on OCN.

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

• 2 years later...