H100i + Define R4

jedylan

I am plannaning a build for the end of august.http://ca.pcpartpick...an/saved/ytfmP6 here are my parts as of now. I will use this pc as a workstation for video editing, special effects, and gaming. I have looked on many websites and forums to know if the h100i can be placed in the Define R4. I thought about changing it to a h80i but it is thicker and linus made a video comparing both and the h100i is much better. If the h100i does not fit on top is it possible to place it in the front of the case?

H100i will fit in an R4, motherboard clearance isn't great but just check for images before you build as it's such a popular case that combo will exist with a lot of boards.

900x900px-LL-cd65349d_C-P1100918.jpeg

Why do you want a H100i anyway? An air cooler would be better than a CLC. 

Why do you want a H100i anyway? An air cooler would be better than a CLC. 

Nope. The only air coolers that are better than a 240mm rad are ones like the NH-D15 which are huge, weigh a ton, and are even more expensive than the H100i. Plus they look horrible like any other air cooler does.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I love my H100i (after I replaced the fans with Gentle Typhoons anyway. OP PLEASE replace the stock fans if you get it lol). Had problems with Corsair Link working with my system for some reason but support hooked me up with a different version that worked fine.

AMD FX 8350, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx R2.0, Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4x4GB 1866, PNY GTX780, Corsair HX850, Phantom 630, Samsung 120GB SSD, WD Black 2TB HDD

Rest in peace, legend.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, Gigabyte RTX 3070, 32GB RAM, 4TB Samsung SSD, and a crippling depression that causes me to buy games and not play them lol

That build is pretty pointless with 60Hz monitors...

Nope. The only air coolers that are better than a 240mm rad are ones like the NH-D15 which are huge, weigh a ton, and are even more expensive than the H100i. Plus they look horrible like any other air cooler does.

Even something like the NH-U14S performs within a few degrees of the H100i, is much quieter, and there is no risk of damage to your parts. 

H100i will fit in an R4, motherboard clearance isn't great but just check for images before you build as it's such a popular case that combo will exist with a lot of boards.

900x900px-LL-cd65349d_C-P1100918.jpeg

Is it possible to put it in the front if you remove hhd cages