Looking for help with different cherry switches.

madmaster32
Go to solution Solved by bchampion96,

Do you think that it's a good idea stepping from a razer arctoza to a corsair vengeance k70 with brown switches then? :)

I think you'd be very happy with that choice

I currently own an old razer arctoza keyboard but I am looking into buying a new one and I'm looking for a keyboard that feels like it. I am looking for some good suggestions on what keyboards with cherry mx switches might be a good entry for me. So far I've been looking into the Corsair Vengeance K70 and I don't really know if it would fit my style. I mostly play first person shooters but I play some mobas like LoL and Dota. Any suggestions would be appreciated and also if someone would tell me which switches would best suit me.

Thanks beforehand :)

probably Red switches. They dont click as much and activate easier (are easier to press down)

http://www.furiouspaul.com/articles/cherry-mx-keyboard-switches.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mechanical-keyboard-razer-logitech-gigabyte,3505-2.html

You can read more there, but basically if you dont want clicky noises go with red.

I would NOT get the Qpad MK 90 (the lights died on me and my friends after about 6 months.

Do you want backround light?

Some preferences would help in picking one that fits you

I personally have CM Storm Green  and i like it alot! so you could look up the CM Storm Red 

Redliquid~

I currently own an old razer arctoza keyboard but I am looking into buying a new one and I'm looking for a keyboard that feels like it. I am looking for some good suggestions on what keyboards with cherry mx switches might be a good entry for me. So far I've been looking into the Corsair Vengeance K70 and I don't really know if it would fit my style. I mostly play first person shooters but I play some mobas like LoL and Dota. Any suggestions would be appreciated and also if someone would tell me which switches would best suit me.

Thanks beforehand :)

Someone before me said reds. I'm gonna advise against them as they have a steep learning curve. When you start out on them you make butt loads of typos. I've had mine for a year now and I do like them, but browns are superior in every way and IMO the best all round switch. I'd look at browns

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Someone before me said reds. I'm gonna advise against them as they have a steep learning curve. When you start out on them you make butt loads of typos. I've had mine for a year now and I do like them, but browns are superior in every way and IMO the best all round switch. I'd look at browns

What makes them superior?

Redliquid~

I'm not going to call them superior but myself and all coworkers that have used both red and brown switches have agreed that the tactile bump in the brown switches, although not as noticeable as in other switches like the blues, is very nice when typing and reduces the times you bottom out once you get used to measuring yourself to press until you feel the tactile feedback. Browns and reds have the same force so they're equal in that respect, but reds are so smooth a lot of people tend to bottom out when using them. A coworker has even said it makes his fingers hurt.

Might be less of a problem if you're only going to game, but for typing I do tend to recommend browns over reds but that's just from personal opinion/observation.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I'm not going to call them superior but myself and all coworkers that have used both red and brown switches have agreed that the tactile bump in the brown switches, although not as noticeable as in other switches like the blues, is very nice when typing and reduces the times you bottom out once you get used to measuring yourself to press until you feel the tactile feedback. Browns and reds have the same force so they're equal in that respect, but reds are so smooth a lot of people tend to bottom out when using them. A coworker has even said it makes his fingers hurt.

Might be less of a problem if you're only going to game, but for typing I do tend to recommend browns over reds but that's just from personal opinion/observation.

Good to know :) I used red before mu current (green) ones, Im gonna try blue ones next because i like green alot and it's the same only easier to press ;)

Redliquid~

Good to know :) I used red before mu current (green) ones, Im gonna try blue ones next because i like green alot and it's the same only easier to press ;)

I'm in the opposite situation, blues are my favorite by far right now but I'd like to give greens a try :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I'm in the opposite situation, blues are my favorite by far right now but I'd like to give greens a try :P

Same shit basically ^^

But you just have to press a bit harder,

I think most people will prefere Blue over green

Redliquid~

Better typing feedback/general feel, more satisfying noise, less susceptible to typos.

Better typing feedback/general feel, more satisfying noise, less susceptible to typos.

Arent most of those subjective to personal likes? i mean

feedback sure but i dont see how the rest would make it better and i dont see how a change of switches will help stop typos

Redliquid~

Arent most of those subjective to personal likes? i mean

feedback sure but i dont see how the rest would make it better and i dont see how a change of switches will help stop typos

It's pretty subjective yeah. Typos are easier to make on switches like reds with a lower actuation pressure because you can easily mispress a key if you aren't exactly on target.

It's pretty subjective yeah. Typos are easier to make on switches like reds with a lower actuation pressure because you can easily mispress a key if you aren't exactly on target.

Do you think that it's a good idea stepping from a razer arctoza to a corsair vengeance k70 with brown switches then? :)

I think you'd be very happy with that choice

Yo wait with buying the Corsair Vengance K70, 

Corsair will drop a rgb backlit mechanical version of that keyboard pretty soon! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-GjMH8kQlc  

Im getting that sexy bastard as soon as it comes out ^^

Redliquid~

Yo wait with buying the Corsair Vengance K70, 

Corsair will drop a rgb backlit mechanical version of that keyboard pretty soon! :)

Im getting that sexy bastard as soon as it comes out ^^

Sounds pretty nice however I've not tried out a backlit keyboard so far and none of my friends are using one, however it will probably take a while for me to get a new keyboard so if it lands at about the same price I might buy it instead.

Sounds pretty nice however I've not tried out a backlit keyboard so far and none of my friends are using one, however it will probably take a while for me to get a new keyboard so if it lands at about the same price I might buy it instead.

Backlit keyboards are awesome :) However, it's probably going to be very expensive. I also think the whole RGB thing will wear off eventually

Backlit keyboards are awesome :) However, it's probably going to be very expensive. I also think the whole RGB thing will wear off eventually

The pricing would be around 150-200 $

Redliquid~