Crazy ants are invading parts of the U.S., including Houston

Ants that love electronics invading Texas:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Crazy-ants-are-invading-parts-of-the-U-S-4522565.php

http://www.latimes.com/news/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-alien-crazy-ants-20130516,0,6308694.story

I found these links on Slashdot.org. How bad would this be if they attacked data centers, phone companies, etc? 

LOL something interesting, but I wouldn't worry about them attacking data centers :)

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Did you read the articles?

My bad :P

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

My bad :P

lol

Interesting.

Luckily I live in South Western U.S.

Wonder how they came to be? If they were first discovered in 2002, then they haven't been here long, but I wonder how they evolved to loving electronics.

Interesting.

Wonder how they came to be? If they were first discovered in 2002, then they haven't been here long, but I wonder how they evolved to loving electronics.

Maybe they are attracted to the electro-magnetic fields? That's all I can think of.

Come on guys? Am I the only one here that has tried a 3570k sandwich? Transistors are delicious ;)

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Mmmmmm...Those sandwiches taste good. I usually eat my Titan Salad everyday, and I put some Corsair dressing on top

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Ants likely have a much quicker evolutionary time period. Short lived, high in numbers, can be quickly wiped out by environmental factors, allowing for surviving ants to repopulate with their own characteristics magnified. Lots of this going on with fish too.

My previous house had these ants I hadn't encountered before. The big red ants (leaf ants) actually left them alone! For good reason, their mandibles had some kind of venom that would actually cause quite bad itching and swelling. Which was surprising to me as I grew up geeking the hell out on ants as a child and had never encountered this particular type of ant here ever.

Interesting.

They are like us.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Well then... I guess I should be on the lookout.

Intel Core i7-4790k | ASUS 4GB GTX 970 | 32GB (4X8GB) DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + WD 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H100i | Windows 8.1 64bit

Houstonites, we must unite and repel these invaders!  

"Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." - Steve Earle