New Entry in a Game Franchise That Killed it For You?

RelentlessAF

Hey guys, so long title aside I wanted to know of any game franchises that you enjoyed that were completely ruined for you by a new installment. Yes reboots do count.

For example I am a big fan of the Splinter Cell series with Conviction being my favorite(I haven't played Double Agent but haven't heard good things about it.)

However Blacklist ruined it for me, I'm currently trying to force myself to finish it just to get that little bit of backstory but it's painful. The game is rather boring the gameplay is still top-notch however but the characters are awkward and not very dynamic. So has been the case with many Splinter Cells but Conviction raised the bar a bit in the story aspect for the games with relateable characters and a real sense of involvement in the plot. Also I don't spend tons of money on stupid plane upgrades in that one. -_- Worst. Mechanic. Ever.

So what are your picks for games that ruined a franchise for you?

Just to be original and to actually put thought into it No, do not say Mass Effect 3. We all know how much it killed the franchise at the end.

Everything past MW2 in CoD.

Me personally is everything past CoD2 for CoD. Lol

Assassin's Creed. It was kinda good...

i dont want a signature

battlefield past 2

resident evil past 4

dead space 3

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Skyrim

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

NFS, after carbon the series was shit, though pro street and both shift games where ok, can't wait for project cars since it come from the same guys that made both shift games

cod after mw2, well all know why

not much hate that i hold

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

watchdogs  :P

Watch dogs isn't in a game franchise.

Star Wars Force Unleashed 2, first one was great the second one was a sad excuse for a game. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Assassins creed 3 ruined the franchise for me.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

ROME II, my god that was a knife to the heart after waiting in excitement like a little girl for 2 years!

Mass Effect 2.
ME2 got rid of a ton of the great RPG elements that ME1 had and traded it for a bland cover shooter that felt like a Gears of War clone.

Mass Effect 2.

ME2 got rid of a ton of the great RPG elements that ME1 had and traded it for a bland cover shooter that felt like a Gears of War clone.

I ended up really liking Mass Effect as a series but originally refused to play it as the first one looked exactly like Gears of War to me and I'm not a big fan. However the first Mass Effect after I have now played the whole trilogy seems to have the Morrowind effect like in the Elder Scrolls series where it's just a little too complicated. A great game mind you and wonderful RPG elements but it seemed to have too many different abilities. I feel personally as if Mass Effect 2 hit a good balance albeit with lower end gameplay. Just as Oblivion pretty much hit the nail on the head for balance in complexity and gameplay and then Skyrim came along and was "baby's first RPG"

Battlefield 2142 and now again Hardline. Not "killing" the series but both are sure to skip for me. Any street racing style in Need for Speed series.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Underground was my first NFS game. Loved the series up until ProStreet, and then undercover was the one that killed it for me. The things I'd do for a new NFS game similar to Underground 2.

Cod 1, kidding aside anything passed mw2.

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

Not much of a gamer at all, and having only played original xbox games and a few new releases on PC, I have to say that Need for Speed just got destroyed. NFS was awesome right up until Carbon and Undercover, then it all went to crap :(

ProStreet sucked ass IMO

Comb it with a brick

Heroes of Might and Magic 4 started a rapid decline of the series, and 5 and beyond are the prime reasons I hate Ubisoft with a burning, eternal passion.

5 was competent until they shut down the multiplayer just months after launch. 6 was developed by a trash studio and turned the franchise into some obnoxious JRPG-styled mess. God do I hate those bastards.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.