How to boot windows 8.1 on newly made desktop using optical drive?

Clyde

1.Boot into your UEFI on the Motherboard

2.Disable CSM

3.Enable Secure Boot (Or on some boards set the Secure boot mode to "Windows UEFI"

4.reboot in the Win 8.1 Disc

5.It might ask you to press any key to boot from CD, if it does just press any random button

6.Click Install Now

7.Enter your Language and Keyboard type if it asks

8.Enter your product key

9.When it gets to the part asking for custom or upgrade, choose custom

10.Click on the disc and make one big partition (Or use only part of the disc, so you can have a separate partition for Data and Games)

11.A dialog will come up asking you if Windows can make multiple partitions, choose yes

12. after rebooting choose a local account or MS Account (Your choice), and set up all your privacy, security and update settings, or choose the Express option.

13.Welcome to Windows 8.1 your done!

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

Insert the Windows installation disk in the optical disk drive, restart your pc and enter the BIOS, using the assigned key. it's usually DEL or F2 or ESC but it will tell your in the bottom of the screen, go to the boot tab and set the boot priority to boot from the optical disk drive instead of from the hard drive, now press F10 to save and reboot and it will probably say something like "press any key to boot from CD", so just press a key and you will see the blue Windows logo, it will take a while to load up depending on your optical disk drive speed bit eventually you'll see a windows that says "Install now", you will have to enter some basic information like language and keyboard layout and after that you will need to enter your install key. After that, just tell it to install on the SSD and it will begin installing.

i only got 1 ssd and i dont have my 2nd ssd can i still save some files on the ssd which i booted?

1.Boot into your UEFI on the Motherboard

2.Disable CSM

3.Enable Secure Boot (Or on some boards set the Secure boot mode to "Windows UEFI"

4.reboot in the Win 8.1 Disc

5.It might ask you to press any key to boot from CD, if it does just press any random button

6.Click Install Now

7.Enter your Language and Keyboard type if it asks

8.Enter your product key

9.When it gets to the part asking for custom or upgrade, choose custom

10.Click on the disc and make one big partition (Or use only part of the disc, so you can have a separate partition for Data and Games)

11.A dialog will come up asking you if Windows can make multiple partitions, choose yes

12. after rebooting choose a local account or MS Account (Your choice), and set up all your privacy, security and update settings, or choose the Express option.

13.Welcome to Windows 8.1 your done!

what disc on the step 10?

i only got 1 ssd and i dont have my 2nd ssd can i still save some files on the ssd which i booted?

Yes they can either be on the Windows Partition (Also commonly known as the C partition due to the default drive letter) or on a separate partition

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

what disc on the step 10?

Whoops my mistake i meant Disk (As in your SSD)

If you have a dedicated graphics card, Disable CSM may make your computer non-bootable. If that is the case, remove the graphics card, to use the Intel one, now it will work, enable CSM again, and now insert back the graphics card.

The reason why it would not work, has to do with the firmware of the graphics card.  By default, it doesn't support UEFI, but rather only the good old BIOS. You need to look into updating the firmware of the graphics card to make it UEFI ready. Manufacture don't do it, as if they do, the graphics card will not work on BIOS based system., only UEFI, so you just have to manually do it.

If you don't do it, and keep CSM (compatibility support module), enabled, then there is no harm. The only advantage is faster boot time.

Intel integrated graphics have both firmware onboard, which can switch to based on if CSM is enabled or not.  Sadly, graphics card can't do this. I wish manufactures add a stupid switch on the card, or a jumper, but oh well.

If you have a dedicated graphics card, Disable CSM may make your computer non-bootable. If that is the case, remove the graphics card, to use the Intel one, now it will work, enable CSM again, and now insert back the graphics card.

The reason why it would not work, has to do with the firmware of the graphics card.  By default, it doesn't support UEFI, but rather only the good old BIOS. You need to look into updating the firmware of the graphics card to make it UEFI ready. Manufacture don't do it, as if they do, the graphics card will not work on BIOS based system., only UEFI, so you just have to manually do it.

If you don't do it, and keep CSM (compatibility support module), enabled, then there is no harm. The only advantage is faster boot time.

Intel integrated graphics have both firmware onboard, which can switch to based on if CSM is enabled or not.  Sadly, graphics card can't do this. I wish manufactures add a stupid switch on the card, or a jumper, but oh well.

if i use usb do i still need to disable the csm

CSM is exclusively related to graphics card.

When you see CSM, think: "Enable/Disable support for legacy graphics cards".

As of the moment of this post, all graphics card sold today (with the exception of Intel integrated graphics) are legacy graphic cards. To make them non-legacy, the firmware of the graphics card needs to be updated (instructions to do so, is found on the manufacture web site of the graphics card, if your graphics card supports it).