[Help] Portable Computer Decision Making

Hello everyone, quick question for you all.  Sorry the title is so terrible, I had no idea what to call this.  Anyway, currently I have a Dell Studio XPS 16 laptop that is just way too heavy and hot for my needs.  I am going off to college next year and would like to a have nice, small laptop that I could bring around and take notes or not in the boring classes.  From what I am seeing I would be able to sell my current Dell for about 500-600 dollars, so keep that in mind.  I also have an ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 that I am trying to figure out what to do with.  I'm trying not to spend too much money, but rather trade in what I have for new stuff. Here are what I think my options are right now:

1. Sell laptop, buy the docking station for my Asus Transformer Infinity and use that as a "laptop", have ~$450 in my pocket.

2. Sell laptop AND tablet, have about $750-$900 to put into an Ultrabook.

What do you guys think I should do? If you think I should get an Ultrabook, could you recommend me something? Also, let me know if you can think of any other options for me. Should I just wait? Thanks in advance!

Get the Thinkpad Twist. Best of both options.

Yes, the Thinkpad of any model is a great choice.

What would be nice is if you got a thinkpad, installed an ssd for boot, take out the dvd drive, and install the original hdd with an hdd caddy.

Awesome performance for a much lower price!

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If I get an Ultrabook I already have an SSD for it, I could never go back to a hard drive as I'm sure most of us feel! The hinge on this Lenovo scares me though, for something that is gonna get thrown in my bag I don't want it to just break one day. I also don't like tablets (the only thing I even use mine for these days is watching YouTube videos in bed) so the fact that is folds into a tablet doesn't appeal to me much.