Headset and glasses HALP!

Archangel1994

Since my old headset is dying (cheap on ear one) I want to replace it. I've tried a few headsets (Among them the Steelseries Siberia v2) but every single one of them induces pain after 1-2 hrs due to pressure from the cups on my glasses and temples.

So my question is this: Are there any decent on-ear headsets or any over-ear headsets that are comfortable enough to wear for prolonged sessions (5 hrs+)? Within an absolute max budget of 100 euros?

Thanks in advance

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

The Tiamats are incredibly comfortable (one of the reasons i'm getting them) sennhesier 558s are comfortable to. 

Razer: (it come in 2 channel as well  :) for $100)

They aren't the best audio around if your an audiophile but for your average person (me) they are good.

get contacts. 

There is a reason I have glasses as opposed to contacts, I can't stand contacts at all.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Im using the razer charharharhahrharhias or whatever it's called. Headset and the ear pillow things are comfy enough for me to wear them for 5 hours +

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Im using the razer charharharhahrharhias or whatever it's called. Headset and the ear pillow things are comfy enough for me to wear them for 5 hours +

Don't say Razer in the audio forum they tear you apart (I found that out the hard way :( ). But yeah Razer headsets are generally very comfortable. :)

Don't say Razer in the audio forum they tear you apart (I found that out the hard way :( ). But yeah Razer headsets are generally very comfortable. 

That is because Razer audio products are overpriced crap.   :P   ;) If you want a good gaming headset, don't buy a "gamer" series headset/headphones.

I should be studying.

That is because Razer audio products are overpriced crap.   :P   ;) If you want a good gaming headset, don't buy a "gamer" series headset/headphones.

Sennheiser and Audio Tenicha have gaming head sets. Also Razer does have its selling points.

The carcarias is very comfortable but can sound like poop to some. The 558s use a harder foam that might not be the best for glasses. I've heard that the audio technica ad700 are good for gaming and glasses users. But just keep putting things on your head and go with the comfiest one :D

There is a reason I have glasses as opposed to contacts, I can't stand contacts at all.

I like mine :P

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

Don't say Razer in the audio forum they tear you apart (I found that out the hard way :( ). But yeah Razer headsets are generally very comfortable. :)

I tend to shy away from any form of audio forum.. This razer headset has good enough audio quality that im not bothered by them when im listening to music.

Yes i know there are better headsets from Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic, Audeze or AKG. But i just don't care.. 

I don't consider headsets to be worth audiophiling about.. A proper soundsystem is where it's at. 

Audio brand fanboys are among the most obnoxious i've ever encountered too (no offence to any true audiophiles)

The most militant of which are the Sennheiser brigade.. Give them a tank and they'll clear out an entire country in a day :/ 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The most militant of which are the Sennheiser brigade.. Give them a tank and they'll clear out an entire country in a day :/ 

That's because Sennheiser is the best.  B)

Check out a pair of akg k812's and get back to me on that  ;)

Sennheiser and Audio Tenicha have gaming head sets. Also Razer does have its selling points.

What are Razer's selling points? The nice packaging? The "cool" lime green color? (yes they do have black but still.) Yes Sennheiser and Audio Techicha have gamer series headsets that are better than most "gamer" series competition, but you are still paying a premium for the "gamer" branding. The best option is to buy a good pair headphones and buy a modmic. 

I should be studying.

I tend to shy away from any form of audio forum.. This razer headset has good enough audio quality that im not bothered by them when im listening to music.

Yes i know there are better headsets from Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic, Audeze or AKG. But i just don't care.. 

I don't consider headsets to be worth audiophiling about.. A proper soundsystem is where it's at. 

Audio brand fanboys are among the most obnoxious i've ever encountered too (no offence to any true audiophiles)

You have to remember most Razer headsets are designed for gamign not music/movies. I wouldn't listen to music on them. I would go Sennheiser, Audio Tehnica, ect for music. I do tend to stand behind the products/brands i like and joke about being a fanboy but if a company releases a bad product I would never fanboy out and still suggest it. Those people are deluded. 

What are Razer's selling points? The nice packaging? The "cool" lime green color? (yes they do have black but still.) Yes Sennheiser and Audio Techicha have gamer series headsets that are better than most "gamer" series competition, but you are still paying a premium for the "gamer" branding. The best option is to buy a good pair headphones and buy a modmic. 

Aside from that Razer has great build quality, tech support, and the audio style is good at what it does. Gaming. Not to mention most of there head sets are very affordable. I don't understand where this overpriced thing comes from. Most of there products are fairly competitive. if you have the extra money get the higher end but that doesn't mean Razer is bad.

I hear the HyperX Cloud is pretty comfortable I don't know what it costs in your place since you didn't list it but in the U.S. it costs a hundred dollars. Either that or get contacts or super comfy glasses like the ones from Silhouette or mine. I don't know which one mine are exactly but they're Oakley.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

pain after 1-2 hrs due to pressure from the cups on my glasses and temples.

Plantronics RIG has good soft pads and a low clamp force.

You have to remember most Razer headsets are designed for gamign not music/movies. I wouldn't listen to music on them. I would go Sennheiser, Audio Tehnica, ect for music. I do tend to stand behind the products/brands i like and joke about being a fanboy but if a company releases a bad product I would never fanboy out and still suggest it. Those people are deluded. 

Precisely. The carcharias are pretty good in games like world of tanks where the sounds are basically: Beefy explosions,Tank engines and clattery tracks. (and they look a bit like a tank intercom headset if you squint)

And some metal music.

But in movies the base can become too much at times.. And audio clarity is not their best side.

And that's fine with me since i watch movies on a 7,1 surround home theater set and i listen to music with either my pc speakers (edifier predators) or my home theater system

Im trying to find some sound system bits that i like. On my old sound system i had a 31 band equalizer... It was one of those old systems where there were more knobs than a gay pride parade and you could tune absolutely everything  :(

Sold it after the movers i hired busted the LP player and the CD player.. 

Good yes. Great maybe. The best eh...no. The truth is there is no best brand or best headset. Everyone hear a little differently and does different things with them. Just because its best for you doesn't mean they are the best for someone else and vice versa. People forget this (a.k.a. fanboys) a lot.

Good yes. Great maybe. The best eh...no. The truth is there is no best brand or best headset. Everyone hear a little differently and does different things with them. Just because its best for you doesn't mean they are the best for someone else and vice versa. People forget this (a.k.a. fanboys) a lot.

I was obviously joking.

I was obviously joking.

Oh. Sorry my bad.The "Resident Sennheiser Fanboy" fooled me. :) The point still stands though.

Oh. Sorry my bad.The "Resident Sennheiser Fanboy" fooled me. :) The point still stands though.

My title is also obviously a joke.

My title is also obviously a joke.

Yes....I understand that now.

Audio is audio. I'll use the same headphones for gaming, music, and movies, and like it. If you think gaming audio is special you've drunk of the marketing cool-aid.