Mobile service provider in the US and Canada

adb105

I'm going on a holiday in late August (20th) to Canada and the US till early October (7th) and while i am there i would like to get a sim card for my phone mainly for data but also for the occasional call and text message.

so my question is, what options do i have that work in both Canada and the US and of those what is my best option for mainly data but not exclusively for data?

thanks.

There aren't any options to use one SIM card in both countries, getting set up in the US should be easy, just go with t-mobile,

in canada go with rogers

I don't know about in Canada, but in the USA on T-Mobile they have this plan that gives you 100 minutes, unlimited texting, and 5GB of 4G/LTE data with unlimited 2G speeds after that for just $30.

(This is the plan that I'm currently on.)

The only way to get it is to order it online on WalMart's website.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Micro-SIM-Activation-Kit/24099996

It comes with a month of service and the SIM card itself.

Make sure that your phone is unlocked and has the compatible radio frequencies.

COMIC SANS

@ deathsentinels, thats a shame. Does the Rogers service have good coverage all over Canada as I will be spending time in both the east and west? Also is there a particular plan that you recommend that isn't a locked in contract (I will be in Canada for about 30 days) that would suit me?

@TopWargamer, I have looked into it and I'm 90% sure my note 3 (sm-n9005)will work in the us. I'm not 100%sure about Canada though, do they share the same range of frequencies?

@TopWargamer, I have looked into it and I'm 90% sure my note 3 (sm-n9005)will work in the us. I'm not 100%sure about Canada though, do they share the same range of frequencies?

Your Note 3 will work just fine on T-Mobile. As for Canadian carriers, I'm pretty all or most of them are on GSM networks, so it should work there as well.

Just make sure that your Note 3 is unlocked.

COMIC SANS