what is the best way to record computer screen (full hd) and best camera to record yourself?

deniz

Hey, I am looking to start recording.

As I am new I have no idea as what recorder ps to get so that I record my game and my self like what seananners and yogcast... do with their video in the corner of the gameplay. Thanks.

There are quite a few tutorials on this on youtube, I'd recommend searching and watching a few vids on how to record PC gameplay. :)

Dxtory, Bandicam and Fraps are good pieces of software. Be aware that Fraps doesn't compress the footage much, so you will need a large fast drive to record to, whereas Bandicam encodes it on the fly, meaning more CPU usage and therefore lag. I don't know much about Dxtory, but I'm sure someone can tell you a little about it. As for cameras, I'm not so sure, but again I'm sure someone will give you some advice. best of luck :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Dxtory, Bandicam and Fraps are good pieces of software. Be aware that Fraps doesn't compress the footage much, so you will need a large fast drive to record to, whereas Bandicam encodes it on the fly, meaning more CPU usage and therefore lag. I don't know much about Dxtory, but I'm sure someone can tell you a little about it. As for cameras, I'm not so sure, but again I'm sure someone will give you some advice. best of luck :)

isnt microsoft expression any good? Acept from it only records for 10 mins

For recording both game and camera I think OBS is best for starting point. Don't know if Bandicam allows two sources at same time. For recording just gameplay, MSI Afterburner or Dxtory. Shadowplay if you have Nvidia card.

As for camera, pretty much any HD webcam will do. Mine is Logitechs C270 which is about $30.

If you end up with OBS, here's settings for 1080p that should give nice and smooth video: bitrate 3000, quality 8, fps 30, filter bilinear, audio codec AAC/MP3, audio bitrate 160.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

For recording both game and camera I think OBS is best for starting point. Don't know if Bandicam allows two sources at same time. For recording just gameplay, MSI Afterburner or Dxtory. Shadowplay if you have Nvidia card.

As for camera, pretty much any HD webcam will do. Mine is Logitechs C270 which is about $30.

If you end up with OBS, here's settings for 1080p that should give nice and smooth video: bitrate 3000, quality 8, fps 30, filter bilinear, audio codec AAC/MP3, audio bitrate 160.

okay thank you so much for your help

I would either use an external capture card or fraps for software, any camcorder with full HD capabilities would be fine if your looking for a webcam look in the video then just crop the rest of the face cam out.