What to make ...?

Pelop17

Hello, i want a software where i can make a prototype of how my new computer will look like ?

Any suggestions?

Hello, i want a software where i can make a prototype of how my new computer will look like ?

Any suggestions?

Sketchup

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Sketchup

MS paint. 

will be able to look HD - meaning not just boxes and edges?

will be able to look HD - meaning not just boxes and edges?

No clue. Sketchup is free and I've seen some great stuff on it. I use spaceclaim and keyshot 3, but I'm guessing you don't want to spend money

I think you can get Solid Edge for a trial. It really is a God-sent for amateur designers or just for people wanting to make a 3D project.  

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

well as a software developer you just gave me an awesome idea for a afterwork project but as of now i for example modell in autodesk 3ds max but its kinda expensive and you definitly need some expierence its more for the professionals 

back to the idea i could a imagine a simple partpicker like some website of prebuilders offer where you can see how you rig will look like but that requires a lot and i mean A LOT of 3d modelling to cover all the parts available... to the point where im second guessing my initial thought. this would be a cool idea but only if i could get a 3d scanner and like a month access to some hardware store where i could scan all the parts because modelling them or searching them on the web is going to be a bitch. so yeah its a nice idea but besides the simple programming behind it it requires way too many 3d modells to be made so you can basicly forget what i said

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

No clue. Sketchup is free and I've seen some great stuff on it. I use spaceclaim and keyshot 3, but I'm guessing you don't want to spend money

I think you can get Solid Edge for a trial. It really is a God-sent for amateur designers or just for people wanting to make a 3D project.  

I will try it to see if its easy

Also how will i make my build since there is nothing to put?

I mean how will i make the case, mobo , watercooling?

By hand. Sometimes you might be able to find pre-made models of popular things, but it's unlikely for specific computer parts

By hand. Sometimes you might be able to find pre-made models of popular things, but it's unlikely for specific computer parts

what you mean by hand , no need for computer use? I am not good at drawing :P

You can make them yourself, it's quite simple with Solid Edge, you can make individual parts and then make assemblies with all of the different parts already made. Just look at it on YT or something, see if you'd be interested in it before you get into it. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

what you mean by hand , no need for computer use? I am not good at drawing :P

With a computer. It's still by hand because you're the one putting in the time and effort to make things

With a computer. It's still by hand because you're the one putting in the time and effort to make things

You can make them yourself, it's quite simple with Solid Edge, you can make individual parts and then make assemblies with all of the different parts already made. Just look at it on YT or something, see if you'd be interested in it before you get into it. 

so i should use Solid Edge is the best right?

it will be very difficult?

so i should use Solid Edge is the best right?

it will be very difficult?

CAD is easy. Just follow some tutorials on the internet and fiddle around for a while. You'll get the hang of it

CAD is easy. Just follow some tutorials on the internet and fiddle around for a while. You'll get the hang of it

are there tutotrials on how to make a computer model?

I have 3ds max but -wouldnt it be difficult?

Tutorials on the general function of the program. Use your brain and figure out how to make a model of a computer

well there are a lot of tutorials out there for max like really a lot for all kinds of things from modelling to texturing id recommend it in general but i dont know how much efford you want to put in for learning the software

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

well there are a lot of tutorials out there for max like really a lot for all kinds of things from modelling to texturing id recommend it in general but i dont know how much efford you want to put in for learning the software

any other suggestions for other softwares?

any other suggestions for other softwares?

sorry i only use 3ds max for modelling but you could scrub something together with photoshop if you dont care for 3d other than that im out of ideas except if someone sends me 3d modells for all the hardware that matters these days i could quickly write a easy to use tool to combine them and watch how it looks. but since i doubt thats gonna happen i guess the good aold sketchblock will have to do. im using mine on a daily bsis for quick sketches of how things should aproximitly look and the i render them later on 

sorry i only use 3ds max for modelling but you could scrub something together with photoshop if you dont care for 3d other than that im out of ideas except if someone sends me 3d modells for all the hardware that matters these days i could quickly write a easy to use tool to combine them and watch how it looks. but since i doubt thats gonna happen i guess the good aold sketchblock will have to do. im using mine on a daily bsis for quick sketches of how things should aproximitly look and the i render them later on 

can i sent you a decription of what my build want to look like to help me make it?

can i sent you a decription of what my build want to look like to help me make it?

you mean taht i modell it for you? depends really. because a good render will take some hours of work and not be sound like an asshole but since i work long hours my freetime is even more costly. but sure sending a description wont hurt i could see what i can come up with . maybe pm me for that

I'm star5ting to get bit curious here. You like to pre-imagine your build as realistic as possible but don't know how or want to do it yourself? Why? Generally modelling softwares are for planning and testing before making anything real. Like if you are doing some sort of mod, you can put in every measurement you need and see if it works. There's rarely need for anything to look like real thing.

Its quite easy to make things that look just like models. The harder part comes when you want something to look like real and rendered.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm star5ting to get bit curious here. You like to pre-imagine your build as realistic as possible but don't know how or want to do it yourself? Why? Generally modelling softwares are for planning and testing before making anything real. Like if you are doing some sort of mod, you can put in every measurement you need and see if it works. There's rarely need for anything to look like real thing.

Its quite easy to make things that look just like models. The harder part comes when you want something to look like real and rendered.

i want my modell to be good / very good so i can see where do i want to change something and how is it gonna look like