ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

I actually enjoy the specs. I dont like staying in the same place all the time at my house and often find myself doing something else away from my desktop on my phone just because the enviroment bored me. The specs seem perfect for someone like me who only plays games like WoW or LoL. My current dektop is an all in one toshiba that constantly freezes and has an integrated graphics card which is just plain awful. Anyways, congratulations on anyone who wins.

My favourite thing is the IPS display. I have a TN monitor at home and it really is only good for gaming. 

Nice laptop, but I want it mostly for the respectable specs and the signatures on the bottom :P

Hmm.. I think the thing I love the most about this notebook is the price, its hard to beat the performance to price of this thing

Nice laptop, but I want it mostly for the respectable specs and the signatures on the bottom :P

My favourite thing about this specific one is the Signatures on the bottom  :P

The G550JK is a well-balanced machine

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1lEjDVK

Amazon: http://geni.us/1IQe

The G550JK is a well-balanced machine that strikes a solid balance between form factor, looks, performance, and cost.

Alright, now onto the really good stuff. We have an ASUS G550JK (signed by some of the HighLANder attendees including Linus, Luke, Logan, and Austin) to give away to one lucky viewer! All you need to do to qualify is post your favourite thing about the G550JK from the review above in this thread and you can be selected at random to win this laptop!

Best of luck to everyone!

One entry per household.

The giveaway is worldwide and closes July 18th. The winner will be drawn LIVE on The WAN Show, so make sure you're watching at twitch.tv/linustech at 4:30pm Pacific on July 18th!

i like the tough build..........

My favorite thing about the notebook is its sexy design;) Also being able to clean it easily is a super nice touch!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, MSI GTX 560TI Twin Frozr 2, 2x500GB drives, cheapo 500w PSU, cheapo HP Pavilion Elite m9000 case
#KilledMyWife

fave thing is obviously that backlight red is so good man

The quiet dual fan intakes are a great feature for the unit as there is nothing more annoying that a gaming laptop that sounds like a jet engine taking off when under a heavy load. given that in its class the Razer blade has too little cooling and the Alienware is too bulky due to its cooling set-up, this unit it well thought out as a decent cooling system is so often overlooked or overdone for something so important 

That is an amazing black matte finish though.

The gorgeous design from ASUS over competition like the MSI GE60.

I love the fact it has a 1080p IPS display. My current laptop has a TN panel and I have to keep adjusting the angle of the screen to find the best picture, which gets really annoying.

Desktop: Intel i7-4770k, 2 x AMD R9 290's, Gigabyte Z87X-D3H, 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM, Switch 810 Matte Black, Corsair RM1000, 250GB + 120GB OCZ SSD, 3TB Seagate. Custom watercooled with EK CPU & GPU blocks, XSPC 360 rad & pump top, D5 Vario pump, HW Labs Black ICE GTX 120 + 240 rads, Corsair SP120's + Noctua NF-F12's.

Home Server: Intel i5-4690, Gigabyte D85M-HD3, 8GB Corsair RAM, 60GB Corsair SSD, 3 x 4TB WD Red drives (RAID5), BitFenix Phenom (Midnight Black / mATX), Be Quiet L8 350w PSU.

my favorite thing about this notebook? I'd have to say the brushed aluminum and its overall aesthetics, it really is a pretty notebook 

Favourite: the signatures! Will frame it and hang it on wall. 

IPS is pretty high up my league as well.

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Automagically switching from using the CPU to using the GPU to save power is a great feature.

My favorite thing about this notebook is the speakers. I love good sound and its about time they put in some actual speakers.

| PC Specs |

i5 3570K | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Nvidia GTX 770 | 8GB GSkill RipjawsX 1600Mhz | Samsung 840 Evo 256GB | Segate Barracuda 1TB | Corsair CX 600M | Cooler Master Haf 912

Hard to decide what i like most. Looks like a great notebook. The signatures are what makes me really like it !!!

The thing i rally like about this notebook is the signatures if that doesnt count i would say the red line on the side

The thing i rally like about this notebook is the signatures if that doesnt count i would say the red line on the side