XFX Radeon R9 280A-TDFD Problems?

Munken-
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

Mostly just games like somehow Garry's Mod. This makes so little sense because of how non-demanding this game is. I am also getting some bad performance on AMRA 3. I get I shouldn't be able to Ultra ARMA, but even on Standard I get 20-25 FPS with drops.

games that are non demanding need good drivers.

Also check for viruses and task manager to check to see if something else is chewing your cpu.

Use a program like msi afterburner to check gpu load when at desktop it should be near 0

If possible do a clean install of just that game and drivers on another drive and that will tell you if it is a problem with your install. 

Also switch back to see if using the 630 again improves fps if yes it is drivers

I recently bought a XFX Radeon R9 280A-TDFD. The problem with this is that I feel that some of my graphics, compared to my last card the GT 630, are not living up to the 630. I don't know what the problem is but ut is quite annoying. My 630 PC was powered by a very old Intel (pretty sure it just said Intel Core). This is powered by an AMD FX-6300, which I understand isn't as powerful as Intel, but I know it's better than that one. If you can help me that would be great. Thank you.

They are almost performing the same. Now keep in mind I am using the same HDD from the last PC so some whereabouts of the old drivers of NVIDIA might still be.

Some apps may not take advantage of the extra performance.

Amd's drivers suck so some apps work better on a low end nvidia card.

Update you drivers.

Also whats apps feel slow.

Whats os are you using. 

Some apps may not take advantage of the extra performance.

Amd's drivers suck so some apps work better on a low end nvidia card.

Update you drivers.

Also whats apps feel slow.

Whats os are you using. 

Mostly just games like somehow Garry's Mod. This makes so little sense because of how non-demanding this game is. I am also getting some bad performance on AMRA 3. I get I shouldn't be able to Ultra ARMA, but even on Standard I get 20-25 FPS with drops.

games that are non demanding need good drivers.

Also check for viruses and task manager to check to see if something else is chewing your cpu.

Use a program like msi afterburner to check gpu load when at desktop it should be near 0

If possible do a clean install of just that game and drivers on another drive and that will tell you if it is a problem with your install. 

Also switch back to see if using the 630 again improves fps if yes it is drivers