2nd Personal Build

So I just ordered this, picking up tomorrow, did I do good, or did I dun goof? Pretty much just a gaming rig intended to last me longer than my last one, ~4 years. 

post-14987-0-20541200-1404380007_thumb.p

post-14987-0-20541200-1404380007_thumb.p

Every loud bang is a lesson learned.

lol all that expensive stuff and then a $12 multimedia keyboard and mouse :blink: wat

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

Why is the power supply $300!?

welcome to australia...

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

welcome to australia...

Even there I wouldn't spend that much on that high of a wattage power supply unless I know I'm throwing in a second card. @DirtyFish You are adding a second card eventually, right?

I think this PC will serve you well for a long time. But it seems a little strange that you would spend this much on a PC and get a cheapo $12 keyboard and mouse.

Also, you could have got a much cheaper PSU, but at least you're paying for Seasonic quality. It's just... well you could have got an EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 PSU for $100 less, and it better looking cables and a 10 year warranty, with similar quality components.

If it's for more than 1080p then it's an extremely good build otherwise it's kinda pointless spending the extra cash on the TI also I loled at the multi media bundle I hope that is temporary.

Hahahahaha that keyboard and mouse  :P

Everything else looks great!

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Cheers for the feedback

lol all that expensive stuff and then a $12 multimedia keyboard and mouse :blink: wat

Yeah, I forgot that was in the screenshot, its for my mum, don't worry, I have proper stuff to use haha.

Even there I wouldn't spend that much on that high of a wattage power supply unless I know I'm throwing in a second card. @DirtyFish You are adding a second card eventually, right?

Yeah, I want this build to be flexible, so I get a higher wattage PSU for the future when I want a second card.

I think this PC will serve you well for a long time. But it seems a little strange that you would spend this much on a PC and get a cheapo $12 keyboard and mouse.

Also, you could have got a much cheaper PSU, but at least you're paying for Seasonic quality. It's just... well you could have got an EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 PSU for $100 less, and it better looking cables and a 10 year warranty, with similar quality components.

I can't explain it, but for some strange reason I fell in love with this powersupply, I dont even know. I plan on sleeving the cables anyway so it doesn't matter.

If it's for more than 1080p then it's an extremely good build otherwise it's kinda pointless spending the extra cash on the TI also I loled at the multi media bundle I hope that is temporary.

Currently it is for just 1080p, but I have a bit of money coming my way in a little bit so I'm gonna splurge on a really nice hi-res display, maybe 4K, iunno, haven't made a decision yet. Let's see what comes out in the following months

Every loud bang is a lesson learned.