what setup to drive 3440x1440?

cluelessgenius

so i was thinking of either getting the 34um95 by lg or the new aoc that comming out and now i wonder what would be neccessary to drive those monsters? im not talking about budget as i am still planning but woul you recommend waiting for 800 series or get something now? also i ignore amd so please dont suggest it and dont hate me for it i have my reasons

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

so i was thinking of either getting the 34um95 by lg or the new aoc that comming out and now i wonder what would be neccessary to drive those monsters? im not talking about budget as i am still planning but woul you recommend waiting for 800 series or get something now? also i ignore amd so please dont suggest it and dont hate me for it i have my reasons

What sort of things do you do, just play games or what?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

post-55349-0-32109200-1404294634.png

R9 295X2 because VRAM 

post-55349-0-32109200-1404294634.png

if you hate AMD

then its GTX780 6GB SLi option left

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

attachicon.gif24b8223ea8efd0d6696eb1ca4360be0b.png

R9 295X2 because VRAM

That GPU is not cheap.

But I must ask why, when someone directly asks for people not to recommend something, they do exactly that?

What sort of things do you do, just play games or what?

sorry i should have specified, yes i plan on gaming on highest settings possible/affordable

attachicon.gif24b8223ea8efd0d6696eb1ca4360be0b.png

R9 295X2 because VRAM 

if you hate AMD

then its GTX780 6GB SLi option left

thanks but i heared it cant even use 6gb? or does it in sli? 

That GPU is not cheap.

budget isnt the problem here as i work full time and do quite well financialy/ will save up if needed

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

That GPU is not cheap.

But I must ask why, when someone directly asks for people not to recommend something, they do exactly that?

i was ignoring his statement because it was quite hypocritical since he has an AMD CPU so why should he ignore their GPU's i just think it's ignorance tbh

thanks but i heared it cant even use 6gb? or does it in sli? 

it won't use all the way up to 6GB thou

but considering that the res you are trying to play with everything max will hit the 3GB VRAM limit very fast even on the GTX780Ti

That's way I say go for 6GB GTX780 SLi which is cheaper than 780Ti SLi

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i was ignoring his statement because it was quite hypocritical since he has an AMD CPU so why should he ignore their GPU's i just think it's ignorance tbh

Maybe so but @cluelessgenius did specifically state "I have my reasons". So this should be respected, should it not?

dude i got that cpu when i was studying and im not happy with it at all i just havent switched YET because i cant decide wether to get something now and what or to wait a bit longer.

but for future builds im goin intel/nvidia it may be ignorant but who are you to judge me as i said i have my reasons and judging them is not what i asked for how hard is it to get a recommendation without it ending up in a debate how one team is better than the other. im set on nvidia thats it .

EDIT: sorry if i sound harsh but i cant stand people i dont know insulting me

EDIT2: also it would have been nice had you atleast directed your insult directly at me and told me i was ignorant instead talking about me like im not here like you would with a child. that really grinds my gears

dude i got that cpu when i was studying and im not happy with it at all i just havent switched YET because i cant decide wether to get something now and what or to wait a bit longer.

but for future builds im goin intel/nvidia it may be ignorant but who are you to judge me as i said i have my reasons and judging them is not what i asked for how hard is it to get a recommendation without it ending up in a debate how one team is better than the other. im set on nvidia thats it .

EDIT: sorry if i sound harsh but i cant stand people i dont know insulting me

To be honest, if you wanna go intel/nvidia just swap your Asrock 970 and 8120 to any SLI compatible Z97 board and a 4790k then use 2 780 6GB cards. Well unless you wanna build a whole machine.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

it won't use all the way up to 6GB thou

but considering that the res you are trying to play with everything max will hit the 3GB VRAM limit very fast even on the GTX780Ti

That's way I say go for 6GB GTX780 SLi which is cheaper than 780Ti SLi

so how would  2 780s do performance wise? would they handle highest settings at 60fps? i know theres nothing that can do 4k ultra at 60fps right now but thinking that its not realy 4k but less maybe theres a chance? ohh and will watercool them and oc as well in case that matters.

To be honest, if you wanna go intel/nvidia just swap your Asrock 970 and 8120 to any SLI compatible Z97 board and a 4790k then use 2 780 6GB cards. Well unless you wanna build a whole machine.

i heared the 4790k is not doing as good as expected? but basicly yes im gonna build a custom case get 4 480 rads and watercool EVERYTHING from cpu and gpu to ram and board ( i know its pointless to watercool ram but in my case i wanna make sure that there is no heat source i cant watercool since the thing is gonna have 0 airflow)

so how would  2 780s do performance wise? would they handle highest settings at 60fps? i know theres nothing that can do 4k ultra at 60fps right now but thinking that its not realy 4k but less maybe theres a chance? ohh and will watercool them and oc as well in case that matters.

can't really give you exact figures 

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/palit-gtx780-jetstream-6gb-sli-ultra-hd-4k-review/

you can refer to the reviews of the SLi config

it should be in between 1600P and Ultra 4K but looking at the graphs

looks like even dual might not have enough juice yikes

can't really give you exact figures 

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/palit-gtx780-jetstream-6gb-sli-ultra-hd-4k-review/

you can refer to the reviews of the SLi config

it should be in between 1600P and Ultra 4K but looking at the graphs

looks like even dual might not have enough juice yikes

so would waiting for 800s be worth it ? and then get 2 of those sli and watercool them ? and how about 2 titans? are titans off the table perfomance wise ?

so would waiting for 800s be worth it ? and then get 2 of those sli and watercool them ? and how about 2 titans? are titans off the table perfomance wise ?

Titan are just silly cards

I say not worth the price

the price of 2 Titan or Titan Blacks can easily get you 3 or 4 GTX780 6GB

Titan are just silly cards

I say not worth the price

the price of 2 Titan or Titan Blacks can easily get you 3 or 4 GTX780 6GB

-.- you right thought they were closer but i dont like the thought of 3-4 cards and honestly asteticly there no room for 3-4 cards im my planned case. id say 2 cards would be great for me.

@cluelessgenius, is there any reason as to why you don't wanna go for a 2560x1080 display? You could probably get two 21:9 1080p monitors for the price of one 21:9 1440p monitor. Just giving you some food for thought. ;)

@cluelessgenius, is there any reason as to why you don't wanna go for a 2560x1080 display? You could probably get two 21:9 1080p monitors for the price of one 21:9 1440p monitor. Just giving you some food for thought. ;)

thanks but those are usualy smaller to right? also how is the pixl density? 2 dont make sense to me but i would maybe consider one if the quality wasnt noticably worse. but thanks for your input i do appriciate it.

Thanks but those are usualy smaller too, right?

People actually believe that they're just too small for their liking, however they're actually have the same height as a 23" monitor. To demonstrate this see the figure below:

post-14986-0-45252000-1404301970.jpg

Also how is the pixel density? Two don't make sense to me but I would maybe consider one if the quality wasnt noticably worse.

Well the pixel density of a 23" 1080p monitor is 95.78. The pixel density of your 24" 1080p monitor(s) would be from 93.34 to as low as 91.80. The pixel density of a 29" 21:9 2560x1080 monitor is 95.81.

I hope that helps.

Thanks for your input i do appriciate it.

No worries mate!

People actually believe that they're just too small for their liking, however they're actually have the same height as a 23" monitor. To demonstrate this see the figure below:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Well the pixel density of a 23" 1080p monitor is 95.78. The pixel density of your 24" 1080p monitor(s) would be from 93.34 to as low as 91.80. The pixel density of a 29" 21:9 2560x1080 monitor is 95.81.

I hope that helps.

No worries mate!

thanks but that means it would be just adding the side space to my scren not actually increase sharpness. so first i was lookin into getting a 1440 16:9 then i found the 21:9 and that why i want that. although the aspect ration is important its not as important as it is to actually upgrade the pixel density

thanks but that means it would be just adding the side space to my scren not actually increase sharpness. so first i was lookin into getting a 1440 16:9 then i found the 21:9 and that why i want that. although the aspect ratio is important its not as important as it is to actually upgrade the pixel density

Okay, fair enough mate. If you've got the $$$$ then go for it! :D

I was just giving you the facts. ;)

Okay, fair enough mate. If you've got the $$$$ then go for it! :D

I was just giving you the facts. ;)

and i appriciate it dont be mad as im pretty set on my opinion doesnt mean i dont value everyones input

and i appriciate it dont be mad as im pretty set on my opinion doesnt mean i dont value everyones input

WHAT! DON'T BE MAD? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? OF COURSE I'M MAD! :angry:

Nah, I'm not, just messin' with ya. :D

Nah mate, it's swoit. That's good to hear dude (or read :D). :P